Nexon Announces Publishing Deal With Envision Entertainment
NEXON Co., a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, today announced it has entered into an agreement with Envision Entertainment GmbH (“Envision”), an independent game development studio based in Frankfurt, Germany, for worldwide publishing rights to its upcoming mobile title.
Under the terms of the agreement, Nexon will serve as the exclusive worldwide publisher for Envision’s inaugural mobile strategy title expected in 2015. Additional terms of the partnership were not disclosed.
“The Envision team has a successful track record of developing high-quality strategy games that are easy to play yet provide a very compelling experience that keeps users coming back,” said Owen Mahoney, president and chief executive officer of Nexon. “We look forward to working together on the first mobile title from this talented independent studio.”
Envision was founded in 2013 by industry veterans Dirk Ringe and Volker Wertich, with talent coming from Phenomic Game Development (later EA Phenomic). The team has previously created critically-acclaimed titles such as SpellForce, BattleForge, Lord of Ultima, and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances.
“As a studio of veterans, we are not in the game to test the water,” said Dirk Ringe, co-founder and CEO of Envision. “We want to make a splash with our next project, and Nexon is the perfect match for that. They have excellent personnel, a deep understanding of free-to-play, and broad international reach.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Echo Arena may become Virtual Reality’s first successful e-sport
- Echo Arena, the multiplayer spinoff of Ready At Dawn’s “Lone Echo” may become the world’s first popular Virtual Reality e-sport.
- Neverwinter: Siege of Neverwinter Event Interview
- Game designer Brian Gilmore reveals more details about the Siege of Neverwinter event arriving September 18 in Neverwinter.
- New Chinese God for SMITE; Hi-Rez Heading to PAX
- After the excitement of gamescom we’re back to normal service with an all-new god (and a re-worked one) set for release in the latest upcomi...