New Phase for Firefall at Gamescom
Red 5 Studios announced today that the next phase for Firefall, the sandbox open-world shooter, will be unveiled at Gamescom, running Aug. 21-25. Firefall will be entering Stage 2 of Open Beta, having completed Stage 1 stress testing.
“We’re finally ready to unveil the exciting next concept for Firefall’s new stage of Open Beta. Players can expect that Firefall will once again push the envelope with MMOs,” said Mark Kern, CEO and founder of Red 5 Studios. “We’ve hinted at this feature in the past, but this is the first time we are ready to unveil all the details of this exciting new step for Firefall. The best part is that players will directly have a hand in shaping this new phase while playing the game. It’s a game changer for shooters, let alone MMOs”
Starting at Gamescom, Red 5 Studios will also be having a final sale on Firefall Starter Packs, offering a 25% percent discount on the $100 Starter Pack. Red 5 will be discontinuing the packs permanently when the sale ends, Aug. 31.
Kern added, “Players asked for Starter Packs to help support Firefall, and they were great. But now that we are transitioning to Stage 2 of Open Beta, we feel that they are no longer needed, and our efforts will be focused on new in-game cosmetic and convenience products. At Gamescom, we will be announcing two new major products for sale within the game that I am very excited to finally hand over to Firefall fans.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Boxing Star Celebrates 1-Year Anniversary
- FourThirtyThree is proud to celebrate their first year anniversary for Boxing Star with a wealth of content.
- ArcheAge: Unchained Review - Is P2W Dead?
- I’ve spent the past couple of weeks playing almost nothing but ArcheAge: Unchained in my spare time. But how is it?
- One Special Day Charity Event Returns in October
- All the funds raised will support the work of SpecialEffect, the games industry charity dedicated to disabled gamers.