New Manderville Gold Saucer Details for Final Fantasy XIV
Today, Square Enix has revealed new details and assets for the Manderville Gold Saucer, arriving in Final Fantasy XIV on February 24. Events in the Gold Saucer include:
Chocobo Racing, Racing, and Covering
Saddle up atop a majestic bird and go roaring down the turf to be crowned the fleetest in all of Eorzea! Chocobo racing, or “the sport of sultans”, as some have taken to calling it, is an experience like none other.
Even the best bird has its limits, so what’s a trainer to do when their chocobo reaches theirs? Arrange a “covering”, a union between two retired veterans to produce fledglings of a higher pedigree.
You and an opponent are locked in single combat – the five cards in your hand your sole weapon and your wits alone will help guide you to victory or defeat. This is Triple Triad, the gaming phenomenon that’s swept Eorzea!
The Cactpot comes in two varieties, Mini and Jumbo. Both involve the simple act of purchasing a ticket, which has the potential to yield a fortune of MGP. With the potential to be highly lucrative, adventurers are encouraged to enter early and often. As they like to say, “You need to be in it to win it!”
In addition to chocobo racing and Triple Triad, the Gold Saucer hosts several minigames for your entertainment. Simple yet captivating, you can never have too much time to enjoy these mini-attractions.
While enjoying the sights and sounds of the Gold Saucer, adventurers may happen upon audience-participatory events known as Gold Saucer Active Time Events, or GATEs. Why not join in the revelry with your comrades by seeking out a nearby GATE client?
Want more? Check out these additional screenshots of the event and the rewards awaiting you!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Prices Revealed
- Blizzard has detailed its release pricing for Hearthstone's upcoming expansion, Curse of Naxxramas.
- Era of Celestials Introduces New Marriage System
- The latest update to Era of Celestials brings with it a new Marriage System. With it players can marry other players or NPCs.
- F1 Race Stars: New racing game powerslides onto iOS devices
- Codemasters® today announced that a new free-to-play world of FORMULA 1™ fun has launched as F1 RACE STARS™ races onto iPad, iPhones and ...