New details about Phantasy Star Online 2
A recent media conference from Sega, held in Japan, offered new insights into the fate of Phantasy Star Online 2.
According to AndriaSang, the game will use a free-to-play MMO model, making it free to download and play with optional microtransactions. Sega also announced that iOS and Android are being added to the list of platforms that includes PC and PlayStation Vita. The smartphone versions will not be cross-platform, and will focus on simpler character creation, control, and gameplay elements, with additional social game elements attached.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is expected to launch for PC in Japan in early summer, for smartphone in winter, and for PS Vita in spring 2013. Closed beta will begin in April.
There is still no word as to whether Sega will release the game in the West.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Black Desert Online Reveals 'Season of the Hunt'
- Black Desert Online has a new series of in-game events coming on September 25th, called Season of the Hunt.
- Gloria Victis Pre-Alpha Adds Weather and More
- Gloria VIctis Prealpha weather The holidays are over, and the team producing Gloria Victis is back at work with major changes in the game...
- Maplestory 2: Gameplay Footage Revealed
- NEXON, a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, today announced is wholly-owned subsidiary, NEXON Korea Corporation, has revealed the ...