New details about Phantasy Star Online 2
A recent media conference from Sega, held in Japan, offered new insights into the fate of Phantasy Star Online 2.
According to AndriaSang, the game will use a free-to-play MMO model, making it free to download and play with optional microtransactions. Sega also announced that iOS and Android are being added to the list of platforms that includes PC and PlayStation Vita. The smartphone versions will not be cross-platform, and will focus on simpler character creation, control, and gameplay elements, with additional social game elements attached.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is expected to launch for PC in Japan in early summer, for smartphone in winter, and for PS Vita in spring 2013. Closed beta will begin in April.
There is still no word as to whether Sega will release the game in the West.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon Pals Gives a Boost to Character Crafting in New Update
- This will consist of several new systems and functions, as well as a number of optimization adjustments aimed at improving the character craft...
- Dropzone Early Access Impressions 2017
- What makes this game harder is that you have to control three individual Pilots. These Pilots are your heroes of the game.
- Ryzom Reveals 'Jena Year 2603' Update
- Their latest update, Jena 2603 was revealed, and with it comes a vast celebration.