New details about Phantasy Star Online 2
A recent media conference from Sega, held in Japan, offered new insights into the fate of Phantasy Star Online 2.
According to AndriaSang, the game will use a free-to-play MMO model, making it free to download and play with optional microtransactions. Sega also announced that iOS and Android are being added to the list of platforms that includes PC and PlayStation Vita. The smartphone versions will not be cross-platform, and will focus on simpler character creation, control, and gameplay elements, with additional social game elements attached.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is expected to launch for PC in Japan in early summer, for smartphone in winter, and for PS Vita in spring 2013. Closed beta will begin in April.
There is still no word as to whether Sega will release the game in the West.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- SteamCraft Begins Their Open Beta Testing Phase
- LastLevel Studios announced this morning that the Open Beta for SteamCraft has begun, and will last until February 8th.
- Europa Universalis IV Receives Massive Common Sense Expansion
- The Common Sense expansion to Paradox’s strategy hit Europa Universalis IV is available today, and it comes with tonnes of major changes.
- Ascent: The Space Game 60% Funded, Introduces New Space Station Design
- With 11 days to go, the space MMO *Ascent: The Space Game* has now reached 60 percent in funding -- $21,291 out of $35,000 (Australian dollars...