New details about Phantasy Star Online 2
A recent media conference from Sega, held in Japan, offered new insights into the fate of Phantasy Star Online 2.
According to AndriaSang, the game will use a free-to-play MMO model, making it free to download and play with optional microtransactions. Sega also announced that iOS and Android are being added to the list of platforms that includes PC and PlayStation Vita. The smartphone versions will not be cross-platform, and will focus on simpler character creation, control, and gameplay elements, with additional social game elements attached.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is expected to launch for PC in Japan in early summer, for smartphone in winter, and for PS Vita in spring 2013. Closed beta will begin in April.
There is still no word as to whether Sega will release the game in the West.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- DCUO Launches on Xbox One
- After its PAX East build up, DC Universe Online has launched officially on Xbox One today.
- Block N Load: Christmas Skins Available to Unlock
- From today through to the 6th January, any player completing 20 friendly games will receive an exclusive Santa skin for in-game hero, Tony Tur...
- War of the Immortals announces Lost Omen
- Perfect World Entertainment has released new details for Lost Omen, War of the Immortal's first expansion.