New Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC Pack Ascendance Blasts Off
Prepare to rise to a new level of Call of Duty® DLC with the release of Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare Ascendance. On March 31, the second massive DLC pack for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare from Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI), and Sledgehammer Games will be available first on the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, with other platforms to follow.
Fans will be able to see the gameplay world premiere of Ascendance during the 2015 Call of Duty® Championship, Presented by Xbox, broadcast on Xbox Live and other broadcast partners on Sunday, March 29.
“Ascendance has it all, four all-new maps that were designed from the ground up for Exo abilities and the next chilling entry in the Exo Zombies experience. We’re really excited and can’t wait to play with the community in just a couple of weeks,” said Michael Condrey, Co-Founder and Studio Head, Sledgehammer Games.
“The community response to Advanced Warfare continues to inspire us, and we’re pushing ourselves every day across all the teams to deliver our best. Havoc was a great start for DLC, and we think Ascendance delivers even more of the nonstop action fans love,” said Glen Schofield, Co-Founder and Studio head, Sledgehammer Games.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Ascendance is the definitive DLC package, with its four new, thrilling multiplayer maps, the formidable OHM directed energy light machine gun/shotgun hybrid, the OHM Werewolf custom variant, and the all-new Exo Grapple ability playlist that introduces the Exo Grapple ability to multiplayer. Exo Grapple gives players a faster way to reach strategic vantage points or a brutal secondary weapon to take down the competition, exclusively on Ascendance maps.
- Perplex: Get vertical in Sydney as you fight to dominate this five-story modular apartment complex. Take the high ground or blast through the close-quarters interior in this small to medium sized map. Adapt your strategy mid-match when construction drones shift apartment modules, creating new routes and cover positions.
- Site 244: An alien spacecraft has crash landed, spilling its mysterious cargo under the shadow of Mt. Rushmore, USA. This medium to large three-lane map allows for any style of gameplay, focusing combat through the space ship’s fuselage and around the debris-littered landscape. Use the map-based scorestreak to crack open an alien spore and instantly enhance your perks and exo abilities.
- Climate: Fight your way through a futuristic man-made utopia in this lush, climate-controlled enclosure. In this small to medium sized circular map, land and water routes channel frenetic combat around the central island structure. Watch your step when the river water changes from an asset into a deadly bubbling obstacle.
- Chop Shop: Think fast as you make your way through the black market exoskeleton industrial complex and engage in fast-paced shootouts in this medium sized, symmetrical map. Activate the map-based scorestreak to take control of an Advanced Repulsion Turret that radiates a deadly microwave EMP to help lock down key areas.
The Exo Zombies saga continues in the all-new episode, Infected, as the four Atlas employees, portrayed by the returning celebrity cast of John Malkovich (In the Line of Fire, RED, Burn After Reading), Bill Paxton (Aliens, Titanic, Edge of Tomorrow), Rose McGowan (Planet Terror, Scream), and Jon Bernthal (Fury) fight tooth and nail through undead zombie hordes. Located on the outskirts of an Atlas facility, the new Exo Zombies episode introduces a slew of never-before-seen undead masses, a robust arsenal of new traps and armaments and everyone’s favorite fast food joint, Burgertown.
Fans can see the world premiere of live gameplay from Ascendance and a new trailer for the next episode of Exo Zombies when they tune into the 2015 Call of Duty Championship, Presented by Xbox for the ultimate Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare tournament, where 32 teams from around the world will face-off to stake their claim in the $1 million prize purse.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Ascendance will be available first on Xbox Live for a suggested retail price of $15 on March 31. The Ascendance DLC Pack is also included in the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC Season Pass*, where fans can purchase all four DLC Packs planned for the year, as part of the discounted bundle offered at a suggested retail price of $49.99 – a discount of $10 off the individual purchase of all four DLC Map Packs**. Microsoft Season Pass holders also now have instant access to the Ascendance DLC Pack bonus weapons.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC is developed by Sledgehammer Games with additional development by Raven Software and High Moon Studios. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4, PC, as well as Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The title is rated M for Mature with Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence and Strong Language.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Eternal Crusade Developer Interview November 2016
- Eternal Crusade's Senior Producer talks about the current state of the game in this exclusive interview.
- Twin Saga Launch Review
- So what is Twin Saga? It’s an MMO from X-Legend, so that’s a pretty big deal.