Neverwinter: Underdark Now Available
Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios launched Neverwinter: Underdark – the eighth expansion of the action MMORPG set in the Dungeons & Dragons’ Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast – on PC, with Xbox One to follow in early 2016. Join forces with Drizzt Do’Urden and his companions summoned to battle demonic forces erupting from the Underdark, including an all-new 10-player encounter against the Prince of Demons, Demogorgon.
When a spell turns against the Archmage of Menzoberranzan, powerful demons spill into the Underdark, beginning a series of events that coincide with the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast. Neverwinter: Underdark lets players jump into that story to battle these demons and send them back to the Abyss. Full of new content and quality-of-life updates, this expansion continues to improve the constantly-evolving MMORPG. The full list of additions includes:
- 10-player encounter with the two-headed demon lord, Demogorgon
- Adventure alongside iconic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do’Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis in a new questline, “The Dwarven King”, written by New York Times Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore
- All-new campaign including new in-game rewards inspired by the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast
- Mantol-Derith, a new non-combat adventurer hub found in the Underdark
- Two new end-game skirmishes, each with two different ways to achieve victory
- Rifts in the Abyssal plane now summon Demonic encounters throughout the Sword Coast adding variety to open-world Heroic Encounters
- Updates to the Trade Bar Store allowing easier access to items and economy adjustments
- Gear Preview allows players to see how all equippable items will look on their characters
- Additional Strongholds content including a new resource plot and PvP tower
- Artifact weapons can be reforged into new artifact weapons via double refinement above rank 15
- Masterwork Items now obtainable from endgame Professions tasks
- Boons tied to successfully quelling demonic presence in the Underdark campaign
“Neverwinter: Underdark continues the longstanding relationship between Cryptic and the D&D, allowing us to further flesh out content to official storylines from Wizards of the Coast,” said Rob Overmeyer, executive producer of Neverwinter. “As Dungeons & Dragons fans, we have always theorycrafted adventures that we want to play ourselves in Neverwinter. Collaborating with Salvatore to create adventures that put our characters alongside Drizzt and Bruenor is a huge opportunity. Underdark is just the beginning, as our team has even more ideas to deliver content that D&D fans will continue to enjoy.”
“It’s great to see that our friends at Cryptic are just as susceptible to demonic invasion as the rest of the D&D community,” said Nathan Stewart, Brand Director of Dungeons & Dragons. “Here’s hoping Neverwinter players are able to stave off the sinuous madness that Demogorgon can produce in even the most stalwart of heroes, Drizzt included.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star of Heroes Celebrates Launch With Special Events
- After four weeks of open beta testing, LOYGAME is ecstatic to announce that their newest game, Star of Heroes, is live starting today.
- Siege Online: "The New Edge" Expansion arrives
- The expansion changes a lot the gameplay in Siege Online making it easier and more accessible to mid-casual players. It improves the level des...