Neverwinter: Underdark Now Available on Xbox One
Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Underdark – the eighth expansion of the action MMORPG set in the Dungeons & Dragons’ Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast – is now available on Xbox One. Battle alongside Drizzt Do’Urden and quell the tide of demonic forces spilling from the Underdark including the dreaded Demogorgon in a 10-player encounter.
Neverwinter: Underdark brings the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast to life on the Xbox One. The expansion allows players and their friends to join forces with classic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do’Urden, Regis and Bruenor Battlehammer to face the two-headed Demogorgon and other terrors of the Abyss. This update for the free-to-play MMORPG includes all-new content such as the new hub zone of Mantol-Derith, two end-game skirmishes and “The Dwarven King,” a quest line written by New York Times Best-Selling Author, R.A. Salvatore, whose novel Archmage kicks off the Rage of Demons storyline. The full list of additions includes:
- 10-player encounter with the two-headed demon lord, Demogorgon
- Adventure alongside iconic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do’Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis in a new questline, “The Dwarven King”, written by New York Times Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore
- All-new campaign including new in-game rewards inspired by the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast
- Mantol-Derith, a new non-combat adventurer hub found in the Underdark
- Two new end-game skirmishes, each with two different ways to achieve victory
- Rifts in the Abyssal plane now summon Demonic encounters throughout the Sword Coast adding variety to open-world Heroic Encounters
- Updates to the Trade Bar Store allowing easier access to items and economy adjustments
- Gear Preview allows players to see how all equippable items will look on their characters
- Additional Strongholds content including a new resource plot and PvP tower
- Artifact weapons can be reforged into new artifact weapons via double refinement above rank 15
- Masterwork Items now obtainable from endgame Professions tasks
- Boons tied to successfully quelling demonic presence in the Underdark campaign
“With the all-new 10-player encounter against Demogorgon, Xbox One players have yet another large scale experience to play in with their friends. On top of diverse new experiences for players, Neverwinter is now closer to Dungeons & Dragons than ever before,” said Rob Overmeyer, executive producer of Neverwinter. “Creating adventures featuring iconic D&D heroes like Drizzt and Bruenor is an awesome opportunity, and Underdark wouldn’t be what it is without the integration of R.A. Salvatore’s story-telling and characters. Looking at 2016, we’re excited to continue strengthening our ties to D&D as well as delivering MMO experiences players want.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon of the Endless Steam Early Access Preview
- As this game shares the same universe as the other Endless games, there's going to be some similarities. For example, Dungeon of the Endl...
- Dirty Bomb 2015 Beta Impressions
- Around PAX Prime of last year, Dirty Bomb caught my eye, as the next potential member of the e-sports scene.
- Battleborn Review: Ode to the 80s
- At its core, Battleborn is a true blue next generation hybrid. It’s half shooter, half third person MOBA.