Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends: Dual Champion Release - Rakan and Xayah
- In a rather surprising turn of events Riot has revealed their first ever dual champion release with Rakan and his lover Xayah.
- Cabal 2 Closed Beta Initial Impressions
- The original Cabal held a special place in a lot of people’s hearts, it seems. So it’s little surprise so many people are anxious for #2.
- SMITE Champion Spotlight - The Fiercely Beautiful Artemis
- May I introduce the beautiful and fierce, Greek goddess of the hunt, Artemis. Wielding a magical bow, Artemis deals damage safely.