Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ride into the Sunset in Digimon Masters: Two New Mounts Arrive
- Joymax announces the arrival of two new mounts in Digimon Masters during a special four-week event.
- Red 5 Studios Announces Firefall Fest
- Red 5 Studios, producers of Firefall, have announced Firefall Fest, a gathering of internet and gaming celebrities through a six day livestrea...
- Hearthstone Update 10.2 Is Live
- Good news for Hearthstone fans! Update 10.2 is here, the first major update of 2018.