Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Old School Runescape Celebrates 2nd Birthday
- Jagex, curators and creators of the popular MMORPG RuneScape have today announced that Old School RuneScape will be gaining free-to-play conte...
- Aura Kingdom Debuts New Modes and Characters in Content Update
- Aura Kingdom's new update includes Eidolon companion characters, new game modes in dungeons as well as new features in the crafting and f...
- Watch ARK: Survival of the Fittest Semi-Finals and ‘Survivor League’ Championship This Weekend
- ARK: Survival Evolved, announced today its broadcast schedule for the ARK: Survival of the Fittest competitive tournaments.