Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon Awaken News - Closed Beta Begins February 28
- Upcoming SRPG browser MMO, Dragon Awaken, will hold closed beta from February 28 through March 8.
- Blacklight Retribution Reveals World's End
- Perfect World Entertainment has revealed details about World's End, a new update for Blacklight: Retribution coming with this week's...
- Smite Dev Talk Reveals Awilix
- Today, Smite's devs revealed the Mayan Goddess Awilix and her companion jaguar, Suku.