Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- SkyForge - New MMO created by Allods dev team revealed
- Today, My.com and Obsidian Entertainment has announced Skyforge, a new MMORPG gaming experiences for PCs.
- RUF Cars are heading to Auto Club Revolution Garages
- Auto Club Revolution announces that RUF cars are coming to the ACR garage.
- TERA Announces 'Dark Reaches' Update for TERA PC
- En Masse Entertainment announced that a new update is coming to their flagship title, TERA, in October.