Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Era of Legends Releases For Android, iOS Coming Soon
- 101XP is proud to bring their latest MMORPG to Android after a month of pre-registration - Era of Legends.
- DawnBreak - Origin Lets You Enjoy the DawnBreak World While Offline
- Auer Media & Entertainment offers a new way to enjoy the DawnBreak universe, with DawnBreak - Origin.
- Netmarble Prepares for its new Mobile Action RPG Blade Waltz
- Netmarble Games today announced that their latest mobile title, Blade Waltz, will be officially launching on iOS and Android devices soon.