Neverwinter PlayStation 4 Now Available
Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced that Neverwinter – the Dungeons & Dragons-based, free-to-play MMORPG – is now available for PlayStation®4. Along the Sword Coast of the Forgotten Realms, Neverwinter players will experience a fully realized roleplaying-game based on Wizards of the Coast’s storied franchise with a living world and immersive fantasy storylines.
Neverwinter turns players into adventurers. Create a character with its own rich backstory from eight playable classes and several races. Begin questing through enchanting settings to save the city of Neverwinter and surrounding lands, engaging in fast-paced, action-packed against evil threats including dragons, cultists, demons, and more.
Adventurers will have access to the base game and nine expansions of content including the latest, The Maze Engine, allowing players to experience the latest Dungeons & Dragons adventures with their friends. PlayStation®4 adventurers can download all of this content for free starting today without a PlayStation®Plus subscription. More details and features can be found below.
- D&D Experience – From tabletop to novels, Neverwinter is a fantastic digital recreation of the Dungeons & Dragons experience. Select from eight classes, fight alongside iconic heroes against classic monsters throughout the Forgotten Realms.
- PlayStation®4 Features – Neverwinter will be free-to-play for all on PlayStation®4 owners (PlayStation®Plus not required) and feature controls optimized to incorporate the DualShock 4’s touchpad and Party Chat integration.
- Solo & Co-op Content – Adventurers can experience a majority of Neverwinter’s content solo or join up with their friends and large groups to conquer challenges from dungeons, the Demogorgon battle, Tiamat and more.
- Endgame Content – Complete the main story content and reach the level cap of 70 to unlock campaigns centered on expansions, earning the best weapons and armor Neverwinter has to offer.
“Delivering the Neverwinter experience to the PlayStation 4 has been a major goal of ours for the last year, and we’re happy to be able to do so,” said Rob Overmeyer, Neverwinter’s executive producer. “Bringing full-fledged MMOs like Neverwinter or Star Trek Online to consoles was a big challenge with many unknowns, but what we’ve found is simply: gamers like games. We can’t wait to see how the PlayStation Nation takes to the game and look forward to supporting it for years to come.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- GamersFirst Shuts Down Red Stone - Developer Picks up Service
- Gamers First Announces they will shut down the Red Stone MMORPG service. The game's developer, L&K, will pick up the service so gamer...
- Tales Runner: 2nd Beta Test Set for April 22nd, 2014
- OGPlanet is pleased to announce that after an extremely successful first beta test, Tales Runner will be launching its second and final beta t...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates Imperial City Anniversary
- The Elder Scrolls Online is celebrating the one year anniversary of the Imperial City DLC pack with a special sale.