Need for Speed World Open Beta Begins July 2
Need for Speed World is finally approaching release. The closed beta ended on June 30, but the worldwide open beta is scheduled to start later today on July 2, 2010. The beta will only run through Monday, July 5th which gives players only a weekend to see how the game has developed.
Need for Speed World is the latest free to play MMO by Electronic Arts. The global video games publisher has been making a big push into free to play with games like BattleForge, Battlefield Heroes, Lord of Ultima, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online.
No date yet on when the racing game will see full release, but prospective players should know that payments will be necessary to advance beyond a certain point. For more details check out our preview page or read the full release below.
We know that the fine folks who’ve been testing Need for Speed World over the past few months are probably bummed out that this latest beta is coming to a close in about three hours, BUT we do have a piece of very good news: the OPEN BETA for World begins this Friday morning at 10am PST and runs through Monday, July 5th!!
Because July 1st is Canada Day up here, we’re giving our servers — and ourselves — a one-day rest before opening up the beta to everyone who registers on World.NeedForSpeed.com. Plus, as a bonus, your accounts will not be wiped and the Chicken Run community race will continue, so make sure you grab a screenshot of your time and email it to email@example.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Review
- Shroud of the Avatar is a game that frankly, has filled me with quite a lot of conflict. I am filled with both love and frustration.
- Outspark Raises Hell with Chilling Halloween Spookfest
- Today Outspark treated its community of over 10 million registered users to a wonderfully wicked Halloween Spookfest for Luvinia online, Fiest...
- Brawl Busters launches St. Patrick's Day fun
- A new update arrived in Brawl Busters today with a St. Patrick's Day theme.