Marvel Contest of Champions Reveals The Champion
“If you don’t have what it takes to be the best, then move aside”. The Champion makes his way to Marvel Contest of Champions today. Below is a quick in-game bio, alongside his stats and abilities.
As an Elders of the Universe member, The Champion is able to control an energy source referred to as the Power Primordial, the residual energy that is left over from the Big Bang itself. He channels this energy to enhance his physical form, and he seeks out the greatest fighters in the universe to test the limits of his powers.
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Without Signature: 383
- With Signature (99): 4767
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
- Without Signature: 7711
- With Signature (200): 10590
Character Class: Cosmic
- The Champion channels The Power Primordial, the residual energy left over from the Big Bang, to enhance his physical form and gain up to 5 Persistent Charges.
- Every 13 seconds, The Champion gains 1 Persistent Charge and activates Fury Buffs equal to his Persistent Charge, each granting him +545 Attack Rating for 4.2 seconds.
- 1 Persistent Charge(s) are lost for every 20 hits in the opponent’s Combo Meter and when one of his Fury Buffs is Nullified by the opponent.
Champion of the Universe
- The Champion always seeks to fight against the Greatest Fighters in the universe. While fighting them, he gains Persistent Charges 28% faster and increases the Duration and Ability Accuracy of all of his Buffs by a flat +25%.
- Contest’s Greatest Fighters: Star-Lord, Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Corvus Glaive, Hyperion, Iceman, Archangel, Blade, Gwenpool, Void, Hulk (Ragnarok), Magik, Ghost Rider.
Developer Note: This is a piece of his lore that we really wanted to incorporate in his ability design. The Champion is all about travelling through the universe in search for a good fight against the greatest fighters of the universe, mostly to show off his skills. This list includes two Champions of each Class. The Champion will be a great option on AvA attack and on defense when fighting against champions on his list.
While attacking or defending the final node in a Quest
- +666 Armor and Block Penetration.
Developer Note: This is currently unique to The Champion. When attacking or defending the final node in a Quest, he will get additional bonuses here and a bigger one on his Signature Ability.
Light Attacks – Requires 2 Persistent Charges
- Activates True Accuracy for 7 seconds if intercepting the opponent’s Dash Attack, allowing him to ignore Auto Block and all Evade effects.
Medium Attacks – Requires 3 Persistent Charges
- Inflicts an Armor Break if intercepting the opponent’s Dash Attack, reducing Armor Rating by 857 for 6 seconds.
Special 1: Judo Chop – The Champion paralyzes the opponent with a knife-hand-chop combo then finishes them with a powerful skullet hit.
- When The Champion has 4 or more Persistent Charges, he spends one to activate a Regeneration Buff, regenerating 693 Health over 3 seconds.
Special 2: Missile Dropkick – The Champion channels the Power Primordial into his legs to unleash a flurry of powered-up kicks, inflicting critical blows onto the opponent.
- Spends 2 Persistent Charge(s) if hitting the opponent, granting 8000 Critical Rating for this attack.
Special 3: Champion’s Press Backbreaker – The Champion strikes the opponent with a flurry of combos powered up by the Power Primordial, finishing them with a decisive blow to their back.
- Spends 2 Persistent Charge) to activate a Fury Buff, granting +198 Attack Rating for 10 seconds. This Fury counts towards The Champion’s Primal Fury Signature Ability.
Signature Ability: Primal Fury
- When at least one of his Fury Buffs is active, The Champion unleashes the full potential of The Power Primordial. This increases the Potency of his Armor Break by 150%. Additionally, when he activates 2 or more of his Fury Buffs, he becomes Unstoppable, shrugging off the impact of the opponent’s Basic Attacks for 5 seconds.
- While attacking or defending on the final node in a Quest, for each active Fury Buff and while his Unstoppable Buff is active, he regenerates 1.7% of the damage taken this fight per second, excluding the amount already regenerated by this ability. This ability can regenerate up to a maximum of 5% Health per second.
- In addition to regenerating Health, The Champion is immune to Fate Seal, Heal Block, Petrify, and any effects that modify Regeneration other than Poison.
Developer Note: That was long! Basically, When he activates his Fury Buff cycle, he can activate Unstoppable Buff and a very strong Regeneration passive. 1.7% per Fury means he will be able Regenerate 8.5% of the damage he took in the current fight, per second. (1.7% * 5 Fury Buffs from his Persistent Charge)
Articles You May Enjoy
- Genesis A.D Pre-OBT Begins Nov 4
- Genesis A.D pre open beta begins November 4. Players can begin playing ijji's new 3D scifi MMOFPS early if they have a pre open beta key.
- Fortified: New Indie Strategy Game Coming in 2015
- Independent video game developer Clapfoot announced today that its new sci-fi strategy and base defense shooter, Fortified, will come to PC an...