“Magicka: Wizard Wars” Welcomes Half a Million Robe Warriors
Paradox Interactive and Paradox North today announced that Magicka: Wizard Wars, the online spellcasting action player-vs-player (PvP) game where Wizards compare each other’s flammability, has been downloaded over 500,000 times. Since the game began its Open Beta phase last week, Magicka: Wizard Wars has expanded its community to over half a million players and together they’ve cast 97,704,758 spells during the first week. Positive reception from players and media alike has prompted Paradox to add more servers and keep the pool of available magical talent growing.
“If we could personally shake hands with each player and give them our thanks, we would, but there’s too many; it’d probably mean a hiatus from actually working on the game,” said John Hargelid, Studio Manager for Paradox North. “We’re delighted that everybody likes the game so far, but this is just the beginning for Magicka: Wizard Wars. We’ve quadrupled server capacity since last week and we’re adding more servers, ironing the creases out of the robes, making sure the Wizard entrails are the right consistency – everything it takes to make sure the game stays a strong entry in the legacy of Magicka.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Press Preview
- I was invited to return to the dark world of Wraeclast and experience part of the brand new Path of Exile expansion: The Fall of Oriath.
- Travian: Legends Reveals Largest Expansion in 14-Year History
- Travian: Legends is scheduling an update called "Fire and Sand", which will be released in September and will be free to all players...
- Velvet Sundown: Over 80,000 new players gained
- Tribe Studios Ltd. is excited to announce its new original Dramagame, Velvet Sundown, has garnered 80,000 new players since its open beta laun...