Magicka: Wizard Wars Shutting Down
Last week, Paradox announced that Magicka: Wizard Wars, its free-to-play competitive PvP game set in the Magicka universe, will be shutting down in three months.
The announcement stated:
When the decision came to halt development on the game we left the servers open so that our small but passionate player base could still continue to enjoy the game as it was, we hope that this has been a fun time for you all (the odd server gremlin aside)! Unfortunately though we have reached the point where we can’t economically justify to continue running the costly server infrastructure. To make things clear, these last 9 months haven’t been a money-making exercise for us (for the most part server costs weren’t covered) we simply wanted to let those of you who loved the game play for as long as was possible.
Cash shop items have been removed or converted to in-game crown costs, and the team may also introduce old content already developed as a reward for its last players. More info can be found here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ashes of The Singularity Ready for Steam Early Access
- Ashes of the Singularity will launch on Steam Early Access for $39.99 on October 22, 2015.
- Eudemons Announces Necromancer Class
- The master of death and decay, the Necromancer, is coming to the MMORPG Eudemons Online.
- Super Evil Megacorp Announces Esports Partnership with Alisports
- Super Evil Megacorp, creators of Vainglory have announced a new partnership with Alisports, the sports branch of Alibaba Group.