Magicka: Wizard Wars Shutting Down
Last week, Paradox announced that Magicka: Wizard Wars, its free-to-play competitive PvP game set in the Magicka universe, will be shutting down in three months.
The announcement stated:
When the decision came to halt development on the game we left the servers open so that our small but passionate player base could still continue to enjoy the game as it was, we hope that this has been a fun time for you all (the odd server gremlin aside)! Unfortunately though we have reached the point where we can’t economically justify to continue running the costly server infrastructure. To make things clear, these last 9 months haven’t been a money-making exercise for us (for the most part server costs weren’t covered) we simply wanted to let those of you who loved the game play for as long as was possible.
Cash shop items have been removed or converted to in-game crown costs, and the team may also introduce old content already developed as a reward for its last players. More info can be found here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sony Online Entertainment Announces Player Studio
- Sony Online Entertainment revealed today their plans for Player Studio, a player-driven marketplace.
- Edge Case Games Secures $1.3 Million Funding Led by Mercia Technologies
- Edge Case Games will also explore expanding the game's worldwide audience by adapting the game for the growing Asian market.
- League of Angels III Celebrates Thanksgiving With New Events
- League of Angels III has announced its Thanksgiving celebration plans, set to run from November 18 through November 30.