Mabinogi servers back up after breach
Nexon has reopened Mabinogi’s servers after their unexpected 40-hour downtime, due to a security breach in-game.
Although no details were given as to what measures have been taken to improve the game’s security, no rollbacks were issued. Instead, all players who logged in during the affected time will be granted with a compensation package that includes 5,000 NX, and two-day extension of VIP, Premium, and Inventory Plus services. A 2x experience event is also planned in the near future to help players catch up.
Players directly affected by the security breach will be given an additional 5,000 NX and have their items restored. If you lost items and it hasn’t been fixed yet, make sure to send in a Support Ticket.
Nexon also publishes Dungeon Fighter Online and Combat Arms.
Mabinogi Gameplay Screenshot
As all of you are aware, over the past few days malicious players took advantage of many innocent players within the Mabinogi game service, making the game difficult and frustrating to play, which ultimately led to us having no choice but to take Mabinogi temporarily offline.
We are happy to say that Mabinogi is back online and we understand how important Mabinogi is to ALL of you, as Mabinogi isn’t just a game. It’s a place to socialize with far away friends; it’s a way to explore, be heroic and crush monsters; it’s a comfortable space to be creative. And we would like to sincerely apologize for this downtime.
Over these last few days, the team at devCAT worked to identify and fix these issues. The patience and support from YOU, the Community, has been instrumental in helping out, as the information in tickets, posts on the forums, and even direct contact from the Community has helped out.
Given that Mabinogi was down for nearly 40 hours, we will provide each player who logged in during this time with the following, to compensate for the downtime:
1) NX 5,000
2) 2-Day Extension of VIP/Premium/Inventory Plus Service
3) An upcoming 2x EXP event(s) that will help you get to where you should be
In addition, for players who were directly affected by the malicious activity, we will add:
1) An additional NX 5,000, for a total of NX 10,000
2) Restoration of your lost items
As we anticipate that there are more players affected than we’ve seen tickets for so far, we request that you submit a ticket to Nexon Support (http://support.nexon.net).
In your ticket, please include the following information:
– Your Account Name
– Your Character Name
– Your Character’s Server
– Date of malicious activity
– Items missing/removed
– Name of Malicious Character (if available)
As well, in order to help with filtering, please include the keyword ‘MUGWORTS’ in the Summary field.
Please note that restoration of items will take some time, and we request your patience while we go through each ticket in order to properly restore the correct items to your characters.
We thank ALL of YOU for your support and patience and wish you the best for your Fantasy Life!
– The Mabinogi Team
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elsword Unleashes Raven's Rage and Prepares for Thanksgiving
- Today Kill3rCombo revealed a series of new abilities for one of the most popular characters in the free-to-play manga inspired action MMORPG ...
- Das Tal Moves to Steam Greenlight; Releases Alpha PvP Footage
- Recently, Fairytale Distillery has made the decision to move full force with Das Tal onto Steam Greenlight. This means that users can now head...
- Hand of the Gods: Open Beta Impressions
- I’m waiting for it; I know it’s coming. “OH MY GOD HIREZ IS RIPPING OFF HEARTHSTONE. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEM!”