Lord of the Rings Online Launches Two New Legendary Servers
Lord of the Rings Online features an immersive recreation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth, and now VIP players are invited to begin anew and make a fresh start on the new Legendary Servers: Shadowfax and Treebeard.
Originally introduced with the Legendary World Anor, LOTRO’s Legendary Servers initially start with level 50 and below content, with a focus on the Shadows of Angmar story. Additional regions, content, and level cap unlock over time, allowing VIP players to revisit iconic locations, enjoy the tales chapter by chapter, and immerse themselves in the bustling world of Middle-earth. With the launch of Shadowfax and Treebeard, players will have even more of an opportunity for a fresh start and to adventure at their own pace, all while challenging themselves if they wish! These two worlds also debut new Landscape Difficulty levels, which you and read more about below.
The Shadowfax Server allows players to dash ahead and experience a new, fast-paced adventure:
- Get +50% XP, Legendary Item XP, and Mount XP along with +20% Virtue XP
- Unlocks content and regions more quickly than normal, about every two months.
The Treebeard Server helps players to take their time and enjoy the breath-taking sights of Middle-earth:
- Get only 40% of the XP you would normally receive (-60% reduced XP).
- Unlocks content and regions less frequently than normal, about every five to six months.
Both Shadowfax and Treebeard also debut a new Landscape Difficulty option that is only available on these two servers. Players will be able to set the landscape difficultly between Normal and Deadly +6, which increases the challenge of enemies encountered on the landscape. The difficulty can be changed again at any time by talking to Berthadan near the Prancing Pony in West Bree, but players that stick to the challenge and maintain their higher difficulty level will be rewarded with titles when they reach levels 50 and 130.
For those that brave the Deadly difficulties, additional danger awaits with the “Eye of Sauron” Effect. Once the Eye of Sauron activates, progress will be hindered by several random effects that last for around a minute. Players will receive an XP and Virtue XP Boost for running on these higher difficulties, starting at +10% XP up to +20% XP and +1% up to +5% Virtue XP.
New or returning to Lord of the Rings Online? You can download it for free at lotro.com. The Shadowfax and Treebeard Legendary Servers are available to all VIP subscribers on June 30th, 2021. It’s time to come home to Middle-earth.
Post sponsored by The Lord of the Rings Online.
Articles You May Enjoy
- War Thunder Enters Open Beta
- Gaijin Entertainment has proudly announced the start of War Thunder's open beta test in North America, South America, and Europe.
- Wind of Changes - New Expansion for Allods Online is Live Worldwide
- All Allods Online players can enjoy Wind of Changes, the latest expansion now live on all European and American servers. In "Wind of Chan...