Lord of the Rings Online launches Update 2
The Lord of the Rings Online launches its second major update since its free-to-play transition today, adding a host of new content and changes.
New in the patch is a continuation of the Epic Story: Volume III, Book 3, Echoes of the Dead. Also new in the patch are new instance clusters with new tiers of difficulty and challenge modes, the annual Spring Festival (which will run until April 12), new skirmishes, and updates to Legendaries, Monster Play, and the character interface panel.
The Lord of the Rings Online is published by Turbine, which also publishes Dungeons and Dragons Online.
The Lord of the Rings Online Gameplay Screenshot
The Lord of the Rings Online, Update 2
· The Epic Story Continues with Volume III, Book 3: “Echoes of the Dead” – At the conclusion of Volume III, Book 2: “Ride of the Grey Company,” a great deal of intrigue surrounded the dwarf Nár: what compelled him to speak of the Paths of the Dead when he seems oblivious to everything else? The Rangers have decided to investigate the library at Zudrugund before continuing their journey south.
· New Instance Clusters
o Northcotton Farm – 3-player instance featuring two tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o The Town of Stoneheight – 3-player instance featuring two tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o The Lost Temple – 6-player instance featuring two tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o Glacier Fortress – 6-player instance featuring 2 tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o Ost Dunhoth – 12-player raid featuring 2 tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest6, two 6-mans and a 12-man raid
· Celebrate the Spring Festival! – The Spring Festival returns to Middle-earth from March 22nd through April 12th. The world will come together in celebration as the free people of Middle-earth enjoy the season with special decorations, festive costumes and special quests including the return of the Hedge Maze!
· New Skirmishes – Three new skirmishes erupt from the depths of Moria! Beyond the barriers of the 21st Hall, in the knighted gulf of the Deepway, and along the Way of the Smiths, defend the brave dwarves of the Iron Garrison from the hordes of Mazog.
Update 2 also adds updates to the Legendary Items system, UI Improvements, Monster Play and much more! For more details visit: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_2_Echoes_of_The_Dead_Official_Release_Notes
Articles You May Enjoy
- Runefest 2018 Tickets Now On Sale
- Jagex announced today that the tickets for Runefest 2018, the annual celebration of Runescape/Old School Runescape are on sale today!
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Makes Over $550 Million During Opening Weekend
- In its first three days, Call of Duty: Black Ops III exceeded $550 million in sell-through worldwide, according to Activision estimates.
- Hearthstone - Murloc Rushdown (Topdeck Tutor)
- It’s about time I talked about a different card game, and over the last week or so I had a bolt of inspiration hit me!