Lord of the Rings Online launches Update 2
The Lord of the Rings Online launches its second major update since its free-to-play transition today, adding a host of new content and changes.
New in the patch is a continuation of the Epic Story: Volume III, Book 3, Echoes of the Dead. Also new in the patch are new instance clusters with new tiers of difficulty and challenge modes, the annual Spring Festival (which will run until April 12), new skirmishes, and updates to Legendaries, Monster Play, and the character interface panel.
The Lord of the Rings Online is published by Turbine, which also publishes Dungeons and Dragons Online.
The Lord of the Rings Online Gameplay Screenshot
The Lord of the Rings Online, Update 2
· The Epic Story Continues with Volume III, Book 3: “Echoes of the Dead” – At the conclusion of Volume III, Book 2: “Ride of the Grey Company,” a great deal of intrigue surrounded the dwarf Nár: what compelled him to speak of the Paths of the Dead when he seems oblivious to everything else? The Rangers have decided to investigate the library at Zudrugund before continuing their journey south.
· New Instance Clusters
o Northcotton Farm – 3-player instance featuring two tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o The Town of Stoneheight – 3-player instance featuring two tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o The Lost Temple – 6-player instance featuring two tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o Glacier Fortress – 6-player instance featuring 2 tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest
o Ost Dunhoth – 12-player raid featuring 2 tiers of difficulty with an optional Challenge Mode quest6, two 6-mans and a 12-man raid
· Celebrate the Spring Festival! – The Spring Festival returns to Middle-earth from March 22nd through April 12th. The world will come together in celebration as the free people of Middle-earth enjoy the season with special decorations, festive costumes and special quests including the return of the Hedge Maze!
· New Skirmishes – Three new skirmishes erupt from the depths of Moria! Beyond the barriers of the 21st Hall, in the knighted gulf of the Deepway, and along the Way of the Smiths, defend the brave dwarves of the Iron Garrison from the hordes of Mazog.
Update 2 also adds updates to the Legendary Items system, UI Improvements, Monster Play and much more! For more details visit: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_2_Echoes_of_The_Dead_Official_Release_Notes
Articles You May Enjoy
- Runes of Magic Releases New Trailer For Chapter V Expansion
- Frogster has released a new cinematic trailer for Fires of Shadowforge, the Runes of Magic: Chapter V expansion.
- Project Zomboid Multiplayer Preview
- Project Zomboid sticks out as being the most individual of the bunch of survival horror titles. And with the recent push to finally add multip...
- SMITE: Another COG in the Machine Patch Preview
- During today's SMITE stream, Hi-Rez revealed the patch notes for the next update to hit the game, code named "Another COG in the Mac...