Jagex Reveals Brand New Game Set in the World of RuneScape
Jagex, the studio behind the multi-award winning fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, is pleased to announce the development of a brand new game set in the world of Gielinor. Chronicle: RuneScape Legends (working title) is scheduled to launch in 2015 on PC/Mac, tablet, and mobile platforms, and is a collectible card game. Played out within the pages of a living book the game focuses on quest building, allowing players to craft their own miniature RPGs against enemies, including classic RuneScape boss monsters, before entering into tense PvP combat.
Chronicle: RuneScape Legends made its public debut at RuneFest, which took place on Saturday October 11 at London’s Tobacco Dock. James Sweatman, lead designer of Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, hosted the unveiling of the game at RuneFest, and afterwards commented: “We’ve been quietly developing Chronicle: RuneScape Legends since the start of the year to ensure that it’s not only a fun and compelling player experience, but one still very much interwoven into the rich lore of RuneScape. We’re looking forward to sharing more information on the game over the coming months, especially in regards to Chronicle‘s debut on tablet and mobile!”
“RuneScape has been the foundation for Jagex’s success for more than 13 years, and it’s exciting to broaden the brand’s appeal with the compelling quest building gameplay offered by Chronicle,” said Phil Mansell, vice president of RuneScape, “Chronicle: RuneScape Legends represents an important step for Jagex as we add a new game into the RuneScape family. This announcement tops a strong 2014 where our flagship title has continued to thrive.”
Learn more at the just revealed official site.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes of Incredible Tales (HIT) Introduces Archer Class
- Nexon and NAT Games announce the release of a new update today for Heroes of Incredible Tales (HIT).
- Playcomet Launches Idle MMORPG Auto Battle for iOS and Android
- Playcomet, a leading publisher and developer of mobile games, today announces the official launch of global version of Auto Battle, a mega-hit...
- MechWarrior Online Review (PC) (2018)
- Who doesn't like to jump into a giant robot strapped with missiles, lasers, and other ballistic weaponry to make other robots explode?