Jagex announces Stellar Dawn
A new MMO from Jagex, publisher of RuneScape, has been announced: Stellar Dawn.
Stellar Dawn will be a science fiction MMORPG, and will release next year. Several worlds will be available for players to explore storylines and futuristic scenarios. Like RuneScape, Stellar Dawn will be playable on PC or Mac and will be partially free-to-play, with premium components.
Stellar Dawn Artwork:
The Original Press Release:
JAGEX GAMES STUDIO ANNOUNCES STELLAR DAWN
THE EAGERLY Anticipated NEW SCI-FI MMO BY WORLD FAMOUS DEVELOPER AND PUBLISHER JAGEX WILL BE RELEASED IN 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom, Wednesday 14th July 2010 – Jagex Games Studio, the world-leading browser games developer and publisher, today announced the development of Stellar Dawn, the studio’s latest MMORPG.
Stellar Dawn is an MMO with deep and compelling science fiction storylines and a variety of gameplay styles. The game, which is scheduled for release next year, will offer players the opportunity to explore vast worlds of futuristic environments and engage with an extensive backstory as they progress through the game.
“Stellar Dawn will be Jagex’s biggest release to date and everyone at the studio is absolutely electric with excitement as we enter the final stages of development,” said Mark Gerhard, Jagex CEO. “We are really happy with how well Stellar Dawn has come together. The team has deftly blended art, content and technology to provide the entertaining, long-term game appeal that we have become famous for. As we approach the public launch next year we will be revealing many more details about the game to the community on stellardawn.com.”
As with all Jagex games, Stellar Dawn will be widely accessible and playable on almost any PC or Mac with an internet connection – thanks to Jagex’s proprietary online-games platform. A sizeable proportion of the game will be playable free of charge, adding to the studio’s already substantial free-to-play games portfolio.
Players wishing to find out more about the game, or those who want to apply for a chance to participate in the closed beta, should sign up on the Stellar Dawn website – www.stellardawn.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- GWENT Announces Smartphone Launch for Later in 2019
- A smartphone version of GWENT has officially been announced for later in this year. iPhones have been confirmed for later this year.
- Battleborn Reveals Massive July Patch Notes and Pendle Release Date
- Gearbox is taking their time to get things right, as one of the largest Battleborn patches hits today!
- Skyforge "Crucible of the Gods" Massive Update Coming August 11
- This massive update includes bug fixes, new content and feature enhancements as well as the ability to unlock the divine form.