Jagex annouces Chronicle: Runescape Legends
Jagex, the studio behind the multi-award winning fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, is pleased to announce the development of a brand new game set in the world of Gielinor. Chronicle: RuneScape Legends (working title) is scheduled to launch in 2015 on PC/Mac, tablet, and mobile platforms, and is a collectible card game. Played out within the pages of a living book the game focuses on quest building, allowing players to craft their own miniature RPGs against enemies, including classic RuneScape boss monsters, before entering into tense PvP combat.
Chronicle: RuneScape Legends made its public debut at RuneFest, which took place on Saturday 11th October at London’s Tobacco Dock. James Sweatman, lead designer of Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, hosted the unveiling of the game at RuneFest, and afterwards commented: “We’ve been quietly developing Chronicle: RuneScape Legends since the start of the year to ensure that it’s not only a fun and compelling player experience, but one still very much interwoven into the rich lore of RuneScape. We’re looking forward to sharing more information on the game over the coming months, especially in regards to Chronicle’s debut on tablet and mobile!”
“RuneScape has been the foundation for Jagex’s success for more than 13 years, and it’s exciting to broaden the brand’s appeal with the compelling quest building gameplay offered by Chronicle,” said Phil Mansell, vice president of RuneScape. “Chronicle: RuneScape Legends represents an important step for Jagex as we add a new game into the RuneScape family. This announcement tops a strong 2014 where our flagship title has continued to thrive.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Lego Minifigures: Square Foot & Zombie Pirate Now Available
- Funcom is expanding LEGO® Minifigures Online with sixteen new minifigures and the brand new monster trials challenge!
- Digimon Masters: Murmukusmon Available During Exclusive Sale
- May Festival arrives in Digimon Masters, along with limited edition Digimon.
- The Maestros World and History
- The Maestros action RTS has a fun and rich history. We wanted our world to reflect the strategic efforts of battle.