HoN Tour Arrives at Season’s Midway Point
The Heroes of Newerth´s team today announced that HoN Tour, its biggest eSports event of the year, has reached the season´s midpoint. So far the ongoing tournament has wrapped up four cycles, awarding winning competitors with more than $120,000.
Prize pools, which started off at a base of $8,750, have tripled for each cycle with the help of eSports plinko and URSA CORPs, Heroes of Newerth´s community crowdfunding initiatives that kicked off for the first time this year.
“Community contributions have been huge,” said Sam Braithwaite, Head of Marketing for Heroes of Newerth. “Their support has injected new life into what is already Newerth´s biggest, and most electrifying eSports stomping ground.”
HoN Tour´s purchasable URSA CORPs content, which features in-game goodies ranging from character avatars, to permanent account progression bonuses, and more, have been, and will continue to be added until the season comes to a close early next year; 25% of the revenue generated from eSports Plinko purchases will funnel directly into HoN Tour´s prize pool.
“We´re very pleased with the progress of Season three so far,” said Braithwaite. “With ascending prize pools, fantastic URSA CORPs content, and a live World Finals event looming – yeah, I´d say it´s a great time to be a HoN eSports fan.”
For full coverage of HoN Tour including live streams, recaps, and more, visit HoN Tour´s official website. http://www.hontour.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- MapleStory - Pathfinder Class Preview
- I was offered a chance to get my hands on the Pathfinder class a little early, to see what I thought about it - it did not disappoint.
- Unturned Beta Preview
- Unturned has once again proven that a beautiful set of graphics is not needed to have a successful game.
- Guardian Stone April Update Expands Game
- Hangame, the publishing brand of NHN Entertainment USA, is releasing the newest update for Guardian Stone!