Hi-Rez Studios and MANOWAR Announce Collaboration for SMITE
Hi-Rez Studios, independent developer of AAA free-to-play online games and MANOWAR, the band known worldwide for mythology-themed lyrics and an epic heavy metal sound, today confirmed their collaboration around the game SMITE. A new SMITE video was released featuring god vs. god gameplay footage set to the popular MANOWAR song, The Sons of Odin.
“MANOWAR has a rich history in fantasy and mythology,” says Hi-Rez Chief Operating Officer Todd Harris. “We shared our vision for SMITE and decided to start with The Sons of Odin track with more music to come, including original compositions by Joey DeMaio and MANOWAR.”
The online game SMITE began Closed Beta testing in June and has already surpassed 500,000 player downloads within the first three months.
MANOWAR, the world record holder for both loudest and longest live heavy metal performances, has sold over nine million records to date and boasts a passionate fan-base known as the “Army of the Immortals: and “Manowarriors.”
“We are very excited about this collaboration,” said MANOWAR founder and bassist, composer and producer Joey DeMaio. “Metal fans and gamers have a lot in common and SMITE in particular totally connects with our music. We are looking forward to uniting SMITE gamers and Manowarriors all over the world.”
The game SMITE is currently in Beta and will release in Q1 2013. Within SMITE, players choose from a selection of gods, join session based 5 versus 5 arena combat, and use custom powers and team tactics against other players and minions. SMITE is free-to-play and is a digital download for the PC. Players interested in joining the SMITE Closed Beta can register for an invitation at http://www.smitegame.com.
MANOWAR will kick off leg 1 of The Lord Of Steel World Tour with first dates in Europe and the US in October and November 2012 celebrating their newest studio album “The Lord of Steel” (digital release on October 9, physical on October 19). To pre-order the album visit http://bit.ly/OS39zw.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends Season 6 Preseason Expectations
- I can’t help but be excited for the League of Legends Season 6 changes! Not all of them are terrific, but far and away, they’re big.
- Prosperous Universe Goes Free-To-Play
- Sci-Fi economy simulation Prosperous Universe has officially gone free-to-play, as of today.
- Aura Kingdom Debuts New Modes and Characters in Content Update
- Aura Kingdom's new update includes Eidolon companion characters, new game modes in dungeons as well as new features in the crafting and f...