HEX: Shards of Fate tournament announced
During the IEM Katowice (Intel Extreme Masters) in Poland at the end of last week, Gameforge and HEX Entertainment announced the first worldwide HEX: Shards of Fate tournament for 2015.
The Karlsruhe publisher advertised a prize fund of at least 100,000 USD, strengthening their commitment to the eSports scene. The exact dates for the tournament will be revealed soon.
After the successful launch of the game’s first PvE content last week, the announcement of the tournament represents the next step for the two companies, aiming to underline the title’s balanced mix of PvE and PvP facets.
‘HEX combines the classic realm of trading card games with the possibilities of the digital world like no other game,’ said Carsten van Husen, Gameforge’s CEO. ‘The game promises challenging and exciting PvP duels with the regular release of card packs, and with this newly announced competition, we’re increasing the focus on competitive gaming, as well as reaching out our thanks to the community. HEX has arrived and it’s here to stay!’
All players registered for HEX: Shards of Fate will have the ability to earn qualification points for the tournament during regular, ranked duels. Earning ten points will afford automatic eligibility to participate in the next round of the tournament.
The places for the final will be decided during twelve online qualifier tournaments, which will be free for all qualified players to take part in. Contestants who get through to the grand offline final will be invited by Gameforge to determine the competition’s winner at home with HEX Entertainment in Irvine, California.
The online qualifiers will take place at various times at the weekend, thus guaranteeing that all qualified players will be able to take part in these knock-out competitions over a period of two months, irrespective of their particular time zones.
For more info, visit http://en.hex.gameforge.com/#/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hearthstone: Ranked and Balance Changes
- Far overdue no doubt, but appreciated nonetheless, 2 notable cards are receiving some major nerfs.
- Oculus Announces Oculus Connect + New Acquisition
- Oculus just announced its first ever developer conference: Oculus Connect. Oculus Connect is set for Los Angeles, CA, at the Lowes Hotel in Ho...
- Aura Kingdom NPC Naming Event
- OnRPG and MMOHuts have partnered with Aeria Games for a special Aura Kingdom NPC naming event in preparation for the incoming beta testing! No...