Heavy Metal Machines Announces Chinese Launch and Esports Championships
Heavy Metal Machines announced today their planes for 2019, which includes a launch into China, and esports news. There are plans in place for three esports championships that will take place on North America, South America, and European servers. This will be Hoplon’s first foray into the Chinese/Eastern territories with a game, and hoping to broaden their appeal with their esports championships. Previously, Hoplon partnered with ESL Play to host championships in 2017 in South America and Europe, with a prize pool of €10,000.
When the game launched in September this year, it included the seasonal Metal Pass, a progression system where the players can earn cosmetics and thematic skins during timed events. Season Two – ‘Into The Abyss’ is currently underway, with Season 3 set to release in February 2019.
Eros Carvalho, Head of Studio and Development for Hoplon commented: “2018 has been an incredible year for Heavy Metal Machines, it is the culmination of our most ambitious games project here at Hoplon. 2019 is set to be even bigger with our expansion into the China market. We have one of the best communities around, a community who cares about Heavy Metal Machines almost as much as we do. They’ve been instrumental in us rebalancing the game and are a constant source of inspiration for us.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2: Seeds of Truth Teaser Video Revealed
- The last episode of Guild Wars 2’s Living World left Tyria’s heroes stunned. Moments after tracking down a fabled dragon egg that could be...
- Star Trek Online: Season 13.5 Brings Deep Space Nine’s Martok to Console
- Starting today, captains on Xbox One and PS4 will be able to rescue a famous Klingon General from Star Trek: Deep Space 9 in 13.5!
- World of Tanks Prepares 8.2 Rollout
- Wargaming has announced that World of Tanks Update 8.2 is currently live in Europe, and will launch in North America on Thursday, December 13.