Guild Wars 2 Reveals The Elementalist Elite Specialization, Tempest
Today ArenaNet revealed the tempest, the elite specialization for the elementalist profession debuting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. The tempest enables players to harness the elements with a myriad of new skills and a new weapon to utilize – the warhorn.
ArenaNet Game Designer Karl McLain examines the strength and versatility of this new elite specialization, including how it came into being during the development of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, in a new blog on the official Guild Wars 2 website. Tempest is a close-range specialization capable of blasting out damage, healing and support abilities, including “Eye of the Storm” which allows players to call down a storm on their characters and allies. Eye of the Storm breaks stun on anyone affected in a short radius and grants them super speed for a short time; there’s also “Aftershock”, an ability which cripples nearby enemies with earthen force.
The tempest also possesses the Overload ability which allows players to call in the forces of either fire, water, air and earth to benefit the player and their allies, depending on their attunement. More details about these skills and how players can use the warhorn weapon can be found in the official developer blog.
ArenaNet will reveal the first in-game look at the tempest’s abilities when McLain joins host Rubi Bayer on Points of Interest airing this Friday, July 24 at 12 p.m. PDT on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel.
Articles You May Enjoy
- MMO Budget Busters
- Game studios in the West are finding it more and more expensive to bring MMORPGs to market. We should develop MMORPGs like in South Korea.
- Dungeons 2: Pre-Purchase Now Live On Steam
- Pre-purchase for Dungeons 2 is now live on Steam and offers a 10% discount to loyal followers of darkness.
- Burning Blade: New mobile Hack n' Slash RPG available
- Teebik Games, a global platform for mobile game publishing, is pumped to announce the launch of its mobile MMORPG, Burning Blade. The highly-a...