Guild Wars 2 Reveals The Elementalist Elite Specialization, Tempest
Today ArenaNet revealed the tempest, the elite specialization for the elementalist profession debuting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. The tempest enables players to harness the elements with a myriad of new skills and a new weapon to utilize – the warhorn.
ArenaNet Game Designer Karl McLain examines the strength and versatility of this new elite specialization, including how it came into being during the development of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, in a new blog on the official Guild Wars 2 website. Tempest is a close-range specialization capable of blasting out damage, healing and support abilities, including “Eye of the Storm” which allows players to call down a storm on their characters and allies. Eye of the Storm breaks stun on anyone affected in a short radius and grants them super speed for a short time; there’s also “Aftershock”, an ability which cripples nearby enemies with earthen force.
The tempest also possesses the Overload ability which allows players to call in the forces of either fire, water, air and earth to benefit the player and their allies, depending on their attunement. More details about these skills and how players can use the warhorn weapon can be found in the official developer blog.
ArenaNet will reveal the first in-game look at the tempest’s abilities when McLain joins host Rubi Bayer on Points of Interest airing this Friday, July 24 at 12 p.m. PDT on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Camelot Unchained Update Talks Builder Tier Changes
- The latest update from CityState Games for Camelot Unchained offers plenty of information on the current state of alpha testing.
- Amazon Launches Month-Long Rewards Celebration
- The Amazon Appstore launched Challenges today, which is a month-long celebration that rewards players in a variety of games/apps.
- Transformers Universe Shuts Down January 31
- In mid-December, Hasbro & Jagex decided to make the bittersweet announcement that they were shutting down Transformers Universe, their Tra...