Guardians of Ember Updates Servers
Insel Games has announced that they have improved their server structure for Guardians of Ember, recently released in Steam’s Early Access.
Guardians of Ember launched into Early Access only two days ago, but the demand apparently took Insel Games “by surprise.” The game’s servers had difficulties that included lag spikes and servers going down, caused by a critical issue due to a high concurrent playerbase.
The developer states:
In order to provide a continuous service and avoid a longer downtime we decided to temporarily move the game service to our test server setup based in Taiwan. As expected this meant much higher latency from client to server, but we could keep the servers online and let the players play the game. Nevertheless, this led to some critical comments circling around lag spikes and lower responsiveness in our Steam forums but also in several (video) reviews and Let’s Plays.
With the new server structure in place, in fact we already moved the service back to our now enhanced live server setup in Europe, we are glad to invite you for another test round, to see for yourselves. We are further optimizing and evaluating a dedicated setup in North America as well.
Articles You May Enjoy
- RuneScape 3 reveals new Heist mini-game
- Jagex has just launched a brand new mini-game for RuneScape 3 known as Heist.
- Camelot Unchained Ups Environmental Lighting to Next Gen Levels
- By utilizing cube map light probes, Camelot Unchained will essentially be able to quickly dynamically render real-to-life lighting effects.
- League of Angels III Officially Launches
- R2 Games officially launched League of Angels III last week, which is GTarcade's latest title in the League of Angels series.