Global Agenda announces free expansion
Global Agenda has announced its newest expansion, Recursive Colony, which will be free for all players.
The expansion includes a huge list of feature, including new instanced content for PvE and PvP and a new Open Zone. Daily quests, new missions in Spec Ops for High/Max/UltraMax, new PvP maps (Push Dust, Colony Caverns), revised intro missions, cross-instance chat channels, along with new enemy bots, dyes, flair, trails, pets, and blueprints will all be part of the update set for fall.
Global Agenda is published by Hi-Rez Studios, which is also developing Smite.
Global Agenda Gameplay Screenshot
Global Agenda’s Largest Expansion Coming Early Fall and Free To All PlayersRecursive Colony themed Open Zone and Co-Op content playable at PAX Prime 2011
ATLANTA – August 25, 2011 —Today, Hi-Rez Studios announced that the Recursive Colony expansion to Global Agenda will be released in early Fall and will be available to all players with no purchase required. Version 1.5 will be the largest content update in the history of Global Agenda. Attendees of the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, WA can be the first to play the new content this weekend within the Hi-Rez Studios booth #252.
Global Agenda, the award-winning squad-based shooter MMO, was the first free-to-play game on Steam and has received numerous content updates since release. But the upcoming Recursive Colony expansion is significant in that it introduces a brand new Open Zone, the first such addition since the Sandstorm expansion last summer.
“Players seeking a quest-driven, narrative experience post level 20 can now level-up in the new Open Zone as an alternative to, or in addition to, our instanced missions”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. “We’ve also included a new set of instanced PvE and PvP content for players at all levels.”
Version 1.5 is themed around the Recursive Colony – an electronic, hive-mind faction of robots constructing robots and intruding upon the player social hub of Dome City.
Notable expansion additions include:
· New Open Zone with several instanced missions, quest chains, mid-high level content, vendors, social spaces
· New enemy bots – encountered within Open Zone as well as instanced missions
· Daily Repeatable Quests – for solo agents and teams. Some quests take place in zones, while others send teams into Recursive Colony hive nodes and ruins. These quests include new 4-man defense Raid missions – now available to smaller groups (1-4) at lower levels (20+)
· New Dyes, Flair, and Trails – rewards for winning missions, completing daily quests, rare bot drops, others given via achievements
· New Pets – new pets available as rewards and crafted items.
· New Blueprints – for consumables and mods
· Easier crafting – components now within the zone, to help with leveling crafting skills
· New High/Max/UltraMax missions entering the Spec Ops queues
· New PvP Map – Push Dust will be entering the Merc queue from Beta
· New PvP Acquisition/CTR Map – Colony Caverns will be entering the Beta Queue
· Revamped Intro Missions – Tutorials now include class-specific elements to help train new players
· Some quests now affect the state of the world (example – Brownouts in Dome City…)
· Ability to transfer between different Open Zone instances (and VR Arena)
· Open Zone cross-instance chat channels
· Disconnect to Character Select Screen without re-login
· Improved Vendor Item Previewing
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE Patch Notes 3.6: Jing Wei Reveal
- Today marked the livestream and reveal of Smite's Patch Notes for Patch 3.6: Escape from the Underworld.
- Perfect World International Announces New Horizons
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced that its flagship MMORPG in North America, Perfect World International, will soon be receiving a new...
- Ecol Tactics Online Announces Closed Beta Date
- March brings with it the start of testing for Ecol Tactics Online.