Gigantic Developer Motiga Confirms Layoffs and Delay
In a company blog post, Motiga – developers of Gigantic – announced that there have been layoffs recently. Gigantic’s release has also been postponed into 2016, though no specific target has been set.
. . . it is clear that we need to move the launch window for Gigantic into 2016.
Unfortunately this change in schedule has meant Motiga had to make some difficult decisions this week. As a pre-revenue startup, our resources are finite. Stretching Gigantic development milestones over more time requires that we stretch those resources in the same fashion. As a result, today Motiga has had to lay off 16 employees at the studio. All impacted employees are receiving severances and job placement assistance.
Articles You May Enjoy
- World of Warplanes Adds Two Brand-New Modes
- A limited-time event is coming to World of Warplanes, to let players earn two unique warplanes for their squadron.
- Square Enix and Bigpoint announce Gameglobe
- Square Enix and Bigpoint have partnered together to offer Gameglobe, an online game platform.
- SMITE's next Goddess, Chang'e the Moon Goddess, Kit Revealed
- An early copy of this week's SMITE patch notes has been posted on HiRez forums showcasing multiple changes as well as the announcement of...