Gigantic Developer Motiga Confirms Layoffs and Delay
In a company blog post, Motiga – developers of Gigantic – announced that there have been layoffs recently. Gigantic’s release has also been postponed into 2016, though no specific target has been set.
. . . it is clear that we need to move the launch window for Gigantic into 2016.
Unfortunately this change in schedule has meant Motiga had to make some difficult decisions this week. As a pre-revenue startup, our resources are finite. Stretching Gigantic development milestones over more time requires that we stretch those resources in the same fashion. As a result, today Motiga has had to lay off 16 employees at the studio. All impacted employees are receiving severances and job placement assistance.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Strife: Patch 0.4.2 Now Live
- S2 Games has released a new update for their casual MOBA title Strife. In this update, three new heroes are available and free to play for a l...
- Dying Light Season Pass Airdrops Three Packs of Original Content
- Today Techland announced the Season Pass for Dying Light, detailing the line-up of three content drops that will deliver completely fresh and ...
- SMITE Da Ji Goddess in Review
- Da Ji epitomizes the word “mean.” She goes in, goes hard, and gets out… you hope.