Gamepires and Croteam announce SCUM
Developer Gamepires (Gas Guzzlers Extreme) in cooperation with Croteam (Serious Sam series, The Talos Principle) and publisher Devolver Digital have announced SCUM, an intriguing and complex open world survival game, coming to PC via Early Access in 2017.
Tomislav Pongrac, Gamepires project lead, said:
SCUM is a big leap forward in survival games. We’ve implemented new, intricate systems behind common elements of the genre to produce exhilarating new gameplay scenarios.
The world’s unquenchable need for entertainment has turned towards bloodlust as entertainment behemoth TEC1 is set to premiere season two of its television sensation SCUM. This new season moves the contest from the rugged, enclosed Alcatraz sector to the full grandure of Bagne de Cayenne, an island with a sordid history of violent incarceration. Both fan favorites and new prisoners will clash in a ruthless war of survival while battling for the support of viewers, producers, and corporate sponsors for fame, gifts, and a chance of life after death.
SCUM evolves the multiplayer open world survival game with unprecedented levels of character customization, control, and progression where knowledge and skills are the ultimate weapons for long-term survival. Players will balance base level needs with knowledge-based skills to manage everything from nourishment, metabolic rate, and body mass to weapons proficiency, combat style, and security systems hacking. Dominate the island with your skills, cunning, and strategies to achieve higher levels of game and receive powerful gifts from corporate sponsors and, if you happen to slip up and die, get resurrected by the show’s producers with all your valuable skills still intact.
“The systems at play in SCUM are astounding and we believe it will raise the bar of what is expected in a modern survival game moving forward,” noted Croteam CEO and SCUM producer Roman Ribaric. “Characters, environments, and even the players knowledge base are all dynamic and the changes in them can greatly effect the hierarchy of the island.”
SCUM is built with Unreal Engine 4 and set to launch on PC via Early Access in 2017.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Gunship Battle: Total Warfare Launches Worldwide
- Joycity's latest mobile game has launched around the world, with the latest entry into the Gunship Battle franchise.
- Trials of Ascension Reaches $50,000 Goals and Announces Dragons Goal
- Forged Chaos has announced that Trials of Ascension's crowdfunding effort has now reached its $50,000 goal, along with a new campaign to ...
- E3 2017 Thursday Recap Part Two - Hunt: Showdown, Senran Kagura Peach Splash, and Spellforce 3
- Time to wrap up our coverage of E3 2017! But we saved a variety of truly impressive looking games for last.