Game Update 04 Hits PlanetSide 2.
This week the PlanetSide 2 dev team released several new features with Game Update 04 including a wraith loadout for the Flash, a combat simulation Virtual Reality training area, increases to passive certification gains and much more.
Based on player feedback, here are some of the most anticipated features:
Try before you buy – VR Training Area
- ALL weapons, vehicles and attachments are available for players to test out in the NEW VR Training area. Providing soldiers with the most advanced weaponry instruction possible, this combat simulation area will allow thorough testing of firearms and vehicle weaponry prior to taking them into battle.
Get ready to rumble!
- The Flash now seats two! Bring a worthy passenger and charge into battle with proper cover. There’s also a new Wraith cloaking module and S12 Renegade shotgun available NOW for the Flash. With new stealth abilities, this Flash upgrade will allow Infiltrators to move completely undetected for a short period of time.
Better tools, better soldiers
The respawn screen and map have been merged giving players easier access to the information that they need while deploying. Take note, there’s now a manual zoom on the minimap.
- Passive Cert Gain
- Just because they need a little R&R doesn’t mean players can’t continue to stay battle ready. Players will now gain increased certifications while not in active combat.
And much more:
Check the full patch notes to read more about platoon management, increased XP for vehicle kills and updates to Membership!
More information on the Game Update can be found in Creative Director Matt Higby’s community letter.
Check out the new video roadmap for March below.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 News - The Head of the Snake Living World Episode Revealed
- ArenaNet announces that the next chapter in the Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 3 story, The Head of the Snake, will arrive on February 7.
- Space Trials begin for Battlestar Galactica Online Carriers
- Testing has begun for the newest class of ships in Battlestar Galactica Online: Carriers.
- Fractured Space Early Access Review
- Fractured Space is a Steam Early Access team-based space game. You will take control of massive ships in space and do battle 5v5.