Free Realms Coming to PlayStation 3 Console
Sony’s popular, family-friendly free to play MMORPG Free Realms is heading to the PlayStation 3! Free Realms is a fun, casual game that offers some features for free but requires a subscription to access the bulk of the content. The game allows players to take on a variety of roles including kart racer, card duelist, warrior, chef, and so on.
Free Realms just celebreated its first year anniversary yesterday on April 28th, 2010 and it looks Sony Online Entertainment isn’t letting up. There’s no realease date announced yet for the PS3 version, and we don’t know if console players will share the same servers as current PC users, but all that should be ironed out at this year’s E3 conference.
Console MMORPGs have yet to take off, many would-be MMORPG console ports were quickly canceled before release. As a more casual experience, Free Realms may very well enjoy success on the console and pave the way for more ports.
Best known for pay-to-play titles like EverQuest, Vanguard, and Star Wars Galaxies, SOE has recently been expanding into the fast-growing free to play space so expect more games from them in the future!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Combat Arms Asks: Spiders Or Scorpions?
- Combat Arms is preparing a "Spiders versus Scorpions" event starting this June.
- Forge of Empires/Grepolis kick off holidays with new Winter events
- With the Holiday season just around the corner, online games developer InnoGames starts the festivities with three winter events starting toda...
- Moon Hunters Approved for Sale on Steam & Kickstarting with Square Enix
- Kitfox Games has announced progress in its pursuit of publication for its upcoming co-op adventure, Moon Hunters.