Fractured Reveals Update on Housing, Towns, and Political System
Dynamight revealed another update to their upcoming MMO Fractured, where a design journal highlights the housing, towns, and political system. Their ultimate goal is to breathe life into the sandbox MMO genre. They want suitable options for players with different social attitudes, whether the player is a lone wolf, a social butterfly, or more aggressive, power-craving bandits. Players that want to be on their own can build a house in a “free area”, which are portions of the world owned by nobody. Building a home there will turn the free area into a Claimed Area and is the zone around that persons house. Claimed Areas still require maintenance to prevent decay, like a town, but they are out there on their own. They also want to offer a new political layer to MMOs as an alternative to the classic guild-based politics. Instead, they’re focusing on towns and democratic systems instead of one person simply owning all of the power as a guild leader. More information can be found in the latest design journal.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wushu - Screenshot Teasers - Stay Tuned Next Week!
- Some new screenshots have hit MMOHut's Age of Wushu gallery before next week's special reveal.
- Dungeon Battles: Evolutionary Action Strategy Game Now on iOS
- Digital Dinosaur™ Games today announced the release of Dungeon Battles: Heroes of the Throne, an evolutionary, Free-To-Play, action strategy...
- Battle Crime in the new Skyforge Law and Order Event
- Players can begin their hunt for outlaws in the Skyforge “Law and Order” event beginning today, October 14, at 12pm Pacific Time.