Fractured Reveals Update on Housing, Towns, and Political System
Dynamight revealed another update to their upcoming MMO Fractured, where a design journal highlights the housing, towns, and political system. Their ultimate goal is to breathe life into the sandbox MMO genre. They want suitable options for players with different social attitudes, whether the player is a lone wolf, a social butterfly, or more aggressive, power-craving bandits. Players that want to be on their own can build a house in a “free area”, which are portions of the world owned by nobody. Building a home there will turn the free area into a Claimed Area and is the zone around that persons house. Claimed Areas still require maintenance to prevent decay, like a town, but they are out there on their own. They also want to offer a new political layer to MMOs as an alternative to the classic guild-based politics. Instead, they’re focusing on towns and democratic systems instead of one person simply owning all of the power as a guild leader. More information can be found in the latest design journal.
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE: Amateur Tournament and SlaughterHouse Chaac Skin Annouced
- Hi-Rez Studios has teamed up with Iron Gaming to create a unique tournament circuit for amateur gamers. The Iron Games will be a series of onl...
- Divine Souls Open Beta Date Announced - Dec 14
- The fantasy themed 3D MMORPG brawler Divine Souls will enter open beta testing on December 14, 2010. Divine Souls is published by Outspark.
- RIFT Prime Service To Offer Players a New Way to Play
- Trion Worlds is excited to offer an all-new way to play RIFT, with the RIFT Prime Service.