Fractured Reveals Update on Housing, Towns, and Political System
Dynamight revealed another update to their upcoming MMO Fractured, where a design journal highlights the housing, towns, and political system. Their ultimate goal is to breathe life into the sandbox MMO genre. They want suitable options for players with different social attitudes, whether the player is a lone wolf, a social butterfly, or more aggressive, power-craving bandits. Players that want to be on their own can build a house in a “free area”, which are portions of the world owned by nobody. Building a home there will turn the free area into a Claimed Area and is the zone around that persons house. Claimed Areas still require maintenance to prevent decay, like a town, but they are out there on their own. They also want to offer a new political layer to MMOs as an alternative to the classic guild-based politics. Instead, they’re focusing on towns and democratic systems instead of one person simply owning all of the power as a guild leader. More information can be found in the latest design journal.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mabinogi Duel Launches Clash of Five Colors Event
- Fans of Mabinogi Duel can enjoy a new event starting today, "Clash of Five Colors."
- RIFT Producer's Letter Discusses Nightmare Tide Expansion
- The latest community producer's letter for RIFT looks to the near future, as the team plans to release Rift 3.0 - the Nightmare Tide expa...
- Escape from Tarkov: Customs Location Preview
- Battlestate Games has released new screenshots and descriptions for its first playable location, "The Customs."