Fortnite World Cup Details and 100 Million Dollar Competitive Pool for 2019
Fortnite recently had some major announcements in regards to their competitive scene, such as the first details on the Fortnite World Cup as well as the $100,000,000 competitive prize pool for the year of 2019. There will be ten weekly Online Open qualifiers from April 13th until June 16th, and each week will have $1,000,000 on the line for eligible* Fortnite players, with payouts distributed broadly. Below is what defines an eligible player.
“To be eligible to participate in any Fortnite competition, a player must be at least 13 years old (or such other age, if greater, as may be required in such player’s country of residence). Players between the ages of 13 and 17 (or such other age, if greater, as may be required in such player’s country of residence) must have permission from a parent or legal guardian. Players must be in good standing with respect to any Epic accounts registered by said player, with no undisclosed violations. Players must also be free of or served fully any penalties from previously breaking any official Epic rules. The event is void wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Additional eligibility terms and conditions apply.”
The Top 100 Solo players and Top 50 Duo teams from around the world will be joining together for the Fortnite World Cup Finals in New York City, July 26-28th with a $30,000,000 prize pool up for grabs. Each player is guaranteed at least $50,000 and the Fortnite World Cup Solo Champion will walk away with $3,000,000. For fans who aren’t Battle Royale players, there will be additional events at the World Cup Finals, in a variety of formats.
The $1,000,000 weekly cash tournaments will also continue through the end of the year. These tournaments will feature a wider variety of modes and formats to open up the competitive playing field. They will also be providing tournament tools and prizing to certain partners to better serve the competitive Fortnite scene in more countries/regions around the world, on the way to awarding that full $100,000,00 in 2019.
Articles You May Enjoy
- PUBG MOBILE Teams Up With Capcom for 'Resident Evil 2' Collaboration
- Tencent Games and Capcom have teamed up to bring some new, exciting content to PUBG Mobile, themed around Resident Evil 2.
- Grand Chase: Land of Judgement Update Now Available
- KOG Games, a leading developer and publisher of popular free-to-play action MMORPGs, today announces the launch of the impressive Land of Judg...
- Warhammer 40K: EC - AMA & Gameplay Demo Today On Twitch
- Fans have been asking to see more early gameplay of WH40K: EC and the team at Behaviour is ready to respond with their first official live dem...