Firefall Enters Stage One of Open Beta
Red 5 Studios™ is proud to announce that its highly anticipated free-to-play open world shooter, Firefall, has entered the first stage of Open Beta testing. The Red 5 tribe welcomes new players who’ve been awaiting their chance to experience Firefall’s unique skill-based vertical combat and sci-fi universe, and encourages everyone to join its friendly community of testers to help provide ongoing feedback and truly make Firefall their game.
To celebrate Firefall’s Open Beta launch, the studio’s in-house video team, Stage 5 TV, created a new Live-Action trailer. In it, the studio explores the rich story that frames Firefall’s world and offers a first-time look at the leader of the Chosen invasion.
“We’d like to thank our great community for all of their support through Closed Beta. Having just surpassed 1 million registered users, we’re extremely excited to move into the first stage of Open Beta testing and finally unlock Firefall for everyone,” said James Macauley, Vice President of Development, Red 5 Studios. “Our studio motto is Change Everything, Create Fun, and with our iterative development process based heavily on community feedback we believe that we’ve brought an innovative new gaming experience to the MMO space. We’ll be growing that experience over the months ahead with new features and content delivered frequently into testers’ hands.”
Through its Open Beta launch, Red 5 Studios will be hosting a two day live-streaming event, Firefall Fest 2013, on Twitch TV. Running July 9th and 10th, the event will feature special guests such as SeaNanners and Day exploring Firefall with the Red 5 dev team, chatting with fans in-game and giving away plenty of prizes.
Red 5 Studios also announced that new Starter Packs are now available, offering players exclusive items, progression boosts and immediate access to advanced Battleframes.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Blackroom Kickstarter Begins
- John Romero and fellow id Software co-founder Adrian Carmack proudly announce BLACKROOM™, a visceral, varied and violent shooter
- Dirty Bomb Offers Special Summer Sale Deal on Steam
- Valve's summer Steam sale is in full effect, and Dirty Bomb is joining in with a sale of its own.
- Star Trek Timelines: Star Trek: Discovery Warps In
- The free-to-play Star Trek: Timelines spans all fifty-one years of the Star Trek timeline, and the current story is no exception!