Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Releases Today
SQUARE ENIX, Inc. today launched FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™ in North America, the highly anticipated first expansion pack for the popular MMORPG FINAL FANTASY XIV®, which has already captured the hearts of more than four million adventurers worldwide. Players can adventure together with seamless cross-platform play on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Windows PC, and for the first time, Mac®.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward features a new story that plunges adventurers into the heart of the Dragonsong War, the bloody thousand-year conflict between the knights of Ishgard and the dragons of Dravania. Adventurers can enjoy an increased level cap from 50 to 60 for all disciplines, a new playable race, new dungeons and raids, new primal battles, and new mounts that allow players to take to the skies—flying black chocobos, single-rider airships, dragons and more.
“FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward marks the beginning of the second season of our journey through the vast FINAL FANTASY XIV universe,” said Naoki Yoshida, producer and director of FINAL FANTASY XIV. “Having laid a strong foundation in A Realm Reborn®, we are extremely excited that Heavensward will build upon this with new and diverse gameplay and content that continue to be the hallmarks of the online FINAL FANTASY experience.”
· All the hallmarks of the FINAL FANTASY® franchise, including genre-leading graphics and real-time cut scenes, an all-new soundtrack, and an immersive story experience
· Level cap increased from level 50 to level 60
· New player race, the Au Ra – with unique curved horns and scaled skin, the Au Ra hail from the eastern continent of Othard
· New jobs: dark knight, astrologian and machinist – players will be able to master three FINAL FANTASY jobs such as dark knight (Tank) who wields a two-handed greatsword and the power of darkness, astrologian (Healer) who use a divining deck and star globe to call on the powers of the stars to heal allies and support party members, or machinist (DPS) who deals damage from afar by using a combination of firearms and mechanical turrets that can be deployed on the battlefield
· High-end raids, includes a new raid dungeon series within the mechanical colossus “Alexander,” based off the legendary boss in the FINAL FANTASY series
- New beast tribes and powerful primals – players will encounter the Vanu Vanu and their primal, Bismark, and the Gnath, and their primal Ravana, allowing players to form new allegiances
- Flying mounts – Accompanying the vast new areas that feature floating islands are flying mounts for players to pilot such as the flying black chocobo and single-rider airships
· New gear, recipes and more
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward is available now for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 systems, Windows PC and Mac for $39.99. The physical Collector’s Edition is available for $129.99 and the digital Collector’s Edition for $59.99. FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, the new all-in-one bundle that includes both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, is available for $59.99. A free 30-day trial is included for new FINAL FANTASY XIV accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hero Defense - Haunted Island Multiplayer Update Available
- Players of Hero Defense - Haunted Island can now take each other on in a fast-paced, highly-competitive synchronous 1v1 multiplayer mode.
- Divinity: Original Sin Gets Two New Companions
- “The Bear and the Burglar” DLC pack, available for free via Steam, not only improves co-op dialogue by streamlining lengthy discussions, ...
- Interstellar Marines: Co-op Mode Coming Soon
- Copenhagen-based indie developer Zero Point Software’s ambitious shooter, Interstellar Marines, is set to introduce the first iteration of c...