Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Announces PS4 Launch Date
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ will be released on April 14, 2014 with official service beginning on the same day.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation®4 system will be available in either a Standard Edition or Collector’s Edition with pre-orders for both starting January 27. Pre-orders for either edition will include two in-game items (Mog Cap & Cait Sith Doll minion) and the ability to participate in Early Access starting on April 11. The limited Collector’s Edition comes packaged with an art book, music CD, art cards, a themed security token, and several special in-game bonus items.
Existing players who have registered a copy of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector’s Edition or FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition, or who utilized the digital Collector’s Edition upgrade service, will automatically receive the two new in-game items (Fat Chocobo Mount & Wind-up Moogle minion) that are making their debut in the new PlayStation®4 system Collector’s Edition for free.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation®4 system Collector’s Edition Includes:
- – Special box featuring artwork by Yoshitaka Amano
- – Art Book – The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined
- – Special Soundtrack -The Sounds of Eorzea-
- – Seventh Umbral Era Special Movie Content Disc – The Waning of the Sixth Sun
- – Art Card Set
- – Themed Security Token
- – In-Game Items – Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding, Baby Behemoth minion, Helm of Light, Fat Chocobo Mount and Wind-up Moogle minion
PlayStation®4 system owners will be able to join the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test at no charge starting on February 22. Players who own the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be able to transfer their accounts to the PlayStation®4 system version for free starting April 11. Once transferred, PlayStation®4 system players will no longer be able to access the PlayStation®3 system version. To play both versions, a player must purchase the PlayStation®4 system version separately. Additional account transfer details will be announced at a later date.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Echo of Soul MMO Launches on Steam
- Echo of Soul, the new full-featured, free-to-play fantasy MMORPG from Aeria Games, is now available on the Steam platform.
- Elite Dangerous: Beta 1 now available
- Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) has released the first phase of the Beta development process of its forthcoming space epic Elite: Danger...
- TERA's Phantom Keep Update Brings Revamped Dungeons to PC
- TERA has a new update coming to PC in the form of "Phantom's Keep", which goes live on July 12th.