Fable Legends Cancelled in Surprise Announcement
In a shocking announcement this morning, Microsoft revealed that it was cancelling development on Fable Legends, the upcoming free-to-play co-op RPG from Lionhead Studios. Additionally, the company has proposed closing Lionhead Studios in the UK, along with Press Play Studios.
Hanno Lemke, General Manager of Microsoft Studios Europe, stated:
These have been tough decisions and we have not made them lightly, nor are they a reflection on these development teams – we are incredibly fortunate to have the talent, creativity and commitment of the people at these studios. . . We have nothing but heart-felt thanks for the members of Lionhead and Press Play for their contributions to Xbox and gaming.
News posted on the Fable Legends site indicates that no new players will be welcomed into closed beta, but that the game will remain open for existing players until April 13. The team will be following up with players who purchased gold to offer a refund.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Robocraft Gets Green Lit in Just 5 Days, Breaking All F2P Records
- Robocraft celebrates as it blasts through Steam Greenlight in record time.
- SMITE Patch Note Preview: Written in Stone
- Hi-Rez has released the patch notes for "Written in Stone," SMITE's upcoming patch that introduces a new goddess: Medusa.
- Transformers Universe: Twitch Streaming Sessions TODAY
- Fancy getting a closer look at Transformers Universe? Well Commander, you're in luck - we are hosting three livestreams today.