Fable Legends Cancelled in Surprise Announcement
In a shocking announcement this morning, Microsoft revealed that it was cancelling development on Fable Legends, the upcoming free-to-play co-op RPG from Lionhead Studios. Additionally, the company has proposed closing Lionhead Studios in the UK, along with Press Play Studios.
Hanno Lemke, General Manager of Microsoft Studios Europe, stated:
These have been tough decisions and we have not made them lightly, nor are they a reflection on these development teams – we are incredibly fortunate to have the talent, creativity and commitment of the people at these studios. . . We have nothing but heart-felt thanks for the members of Lionhead and Press Play for their contributions to Xbox and gaming.
News posted on the Fable Legends site indicates that no new players will be welcomed into closed beta, but that the game will remain open for existing players until April 13. The team will be following up with players who purchased gold to offer a refund.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tanki Online - Browser-based tank game now available
- Tanki Online, the action browser game by AlternativaPlatform (one of Russia’s leading developers for massively multiplayer online games), is...
- Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Goes into Beta
- Bringing the Forza experience to Windows 10, it takes advantage of all the Windows 10 features including DirectX 12, 4K Resolution Support and
- Marvel Contest of Champions Reveals Susan Storm, the Invisible Woman
- The Fantastic Chronicles continue in Contest of Champions, with one of the founding members of the Fantastic Four - Susan Storm!