Everquest Next Development to Continue Despite Layoffs
Despite the recent string of layoffs at Daybreak Games and just announced resignation of Matt Hiby, former creative director for Planetside 2, President Smedley has sent out a message on twitter that their flagship title, Everquest Next is still safe and sound.
“EQN has the largest development team at SOE. It is going to be more than ok,” states Smedley.
The impact of the removal of these key personal still remains to be seen. Overall this feels like an attempt to cut costs to meet the goals of the new investment owners of Daybreak Games by removing the highest paid industry veterans from the pool, while maintaining the rest of their development team in the hopes that they can steer the boat safely to shore without their captains.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dizzel: Early Access Launches Today on OGPlanet and Steam
- OGPlanet is proud to announce that Dizzel's Early Access will be available to all players across North America and Europe today at 4:00 P...
- Fishing Hero Open Beta Testing Begins July 11
- G4Box, a leading North American free-to-play game publisher, announced today an Open Beta Test of its MMO online fishing title, “Fishing Her...
- Google’s Ingress Introduces Recruiter Medal To Enlist New Agents
- Today, Google’s Niantic Labs introduced the Recruiter Medal to Ingress, a new way to reward Ingress Agents for successfully recruiting new A...