Everquest Next Development to Continue Despite Layoffs
Despite the recent string of layoffs at Daybreak Games and just announced resignation of Matt Hiby, former creative director for Planetside 2, President Smedley has sent out a message on twitter that their flagship title, Everquest Next is still safe and sound.
“EQN has the largest development team at SOE. It is going to be more than ok,” states Smedley.
The impact of the removal of these key personal still remains to be seen. Overall this feels like an attempt to cut costs to meet the goals of the new investment owners of Daybreak Games by removing the highest paid industry veterans from the pool, while maintaining the rest of their development team in the hopes that they can steer the boat safely to shore without their captains.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tome of the Sun Mobile Review
- While Tome of the Sun does follow the cliched systems you’d often find in MMOs, either PC or mobile based, it tries to add a bit of variety.
- Synthetic Empires Join Galactic Civilizations III Beta
- Beta 3 adds the synthetic Yor race to the struggle for interstellar dominance: aggressive inorganic sentients who offer players a wholly new e...
- ArtCraft Entertainment announces Crowfall
- Independent game developer ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. revealed today high level details about “Crowfall,” a next-generation Massively Mu...