EVE Online’s CCP Games Acquired by Black Desert Online’s Pearl Abyss
Pearl Abyss announced today that they will acquire CCP Games (Makers of EVE Online) in a deal that will allow CCP to operate independently with studios in Reykjavik, London and Shanghai. Though operating independently, they will be integrated into the companies development and publishing umbrella, for all current and future projects. Originally launched in 2003, EVE Online’s shared game world can only expand under Pearl Abyss’s operations.
Pearl Abyss CEO Robin Jung stated, “We are thrilled to have CCP Games join our team as Black Desert Online continues to branch out globally. CCP is a seasoned publisher with over 15 years of digital distribution experience and know-how. They have done an incredible job of engaging and maintaining their playerbase, which we aim to learn from and hope to integrate natively into Pearl Abyss’ general practices across all our games. I am confident CCP’s reputable IP and expertise in global publishing will help reaffirm our company’s dedication to developing and servicing the world’s best MMORPGs.”
“I have been seriously impressed with what Pearl Abyss has achieved ever since I first visited their website for Black Desert Online and subsequently became an avid player of the game,” said CCP Games CEO Hilmar Veigar Pétursson. “Pearl Abyss is a fast-growing company with lots to offer in terms of technology, capability and vision. I believe our two companies have a lot to learn from each other. We are very excited to join forces with them and achieve great new heights for our companies, our games and – above all – our players.”
Birgir Már Ragnarsson of Novator Partners and Chairman of CCP commented, “As lead investor in CCP for over 13 years alongside General Catalyst and NEA, we’ve seen CCP go from being a few dozen people strong to employing hundreds all over the world, with an ever-increasing customer base and multiple titles. CEO Hilmar V. Pétursson and his dedicated team have built a company that Novator and its partners are proud to hand over to Pearl Abyss and we wish them the best of luck in their future ventures.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- RuneFest Reveals Franchise Highlights for 2016
- Jagex Games Studio, creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG RuneScape, are pleased to announce that RuneFest 2015 was a success.
- Snail GamesTo Reveal New Mobile/Console Device @ CES 2015
- Snail Games USA will debut its groundbreaking lineup of gaming devices at the 2015 International CES in Las Vegas. The move comes as Snail loo...
- Take Ancient Greece By Storm in Total War: Rome II - Wrath of Sparta
- Set in 432 BC at the outset of the Peloponnesian War, Wrath of Sparta is an entirely new campaign expansion for Total War™: ROME II.