Endless Legend Tempest Expansion Revealed
Critically-acclaimed developer Amplitude Studios revealed today the newest expansion for its award-winning 4X strategy game Endless Legend will focus on naval warfare. Endless Legend Tempest features the new Morgawr major faction that manipulates other factions and is specialized in naval combat. Factions will now be able to fight for the control of ocean regions and their fortresses, but will have to watch for the Fomorians, a new Minor Faction, and violent storms to come.
Amplitude Studios has also given players and fans the opportunity to try Endless Legend Tempest before its release, by starting a contest on its GAMES2GETHER platform to get an exclusive access to the Closed Beta.
New features in Endless Legend Tempest are:
Naval Warfare: Naval battles for everyone! Players will be able to battle on the seas. All seaborne units can instigate and reinforce sea battles. New mechanics and tile effects spice up this new type of battle.
Ocean Control with Weather System: Arcane structures have emerged from beneath the waves: these Endless relics provide strategic and luxury resources as well as other bonuses to the empire able to control them. To do so, their mysterious guardians must be parlayed with or defeated in battle. The same guardians will patrol “wild” ocean regions, making them a lot less safe to cross without a convoy. Expect clouds, rain and storms to appear on your map.
Sea Fortresses and Minor Faction Fomorians: New generated ocean regions, including a Sea Fortress, offer strategic locations in the water for players to battle it out. Anywhere from zero to three fortresses are located in each ocean region, so expect more in oceans that are more strategically pivotal, between islands or continents.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Helm's Deep Expansion Launch Date Set
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today that The Lord of the Rings Online™: Helm’s Deep™, the next expansion to the award...
- Guardians of Ember Adds New Content With Early Arrival of Act 6 Beta
- New content is coming early to Guardians of Ember today, with the beta release of Act 6. Ten new desert landscapes await players.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Beta Opens for PC and Xbox One
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Beta, initially announced for PlayStation 4, will also be open to Xbox One and PC Users.