Endless Legend Tempest Expansion Revealed
Critically-acclaimed developer Amplitude Studios revealed today the newest expansion for its award-winning 4X strategy game Endless Legend will focus on naval warfare. Endless Legend Tempest features the new Morgawr major faction that manipulates other factions and is specialized in naval combat. Factions will now be able to fight for the control of ocean regions and their fortresses, but will have to watch for the Fomorians, a new Minor Faction, and violent storms to come.
Amplitude Studios has also given players and fans the opportunity to try Endless Legend Tempest before its release, by starting a contest on its GAMES2GETHER platform to get an exclusive access to the Closed Beta.
New features in Endless Legend Tempest are:
Naval Warfare: Naval battles for everyone! Players will be able to battle on the seas. All seaborne units can instigate and reinforce sea battles. New mechanics and tile effects spice up this new type of battle.
Ocean Control with Weather System: Arcane structures have emerged from beneath the waves: these Endless relics provide strategic and luxury resources as well as other bonuses to the empire able to control them. To do so, their mysterious guardians must be parlayed with or defeated in battle. The same guardians will patrol “wild” ocean regions, making them a lot less safe to cross without a convoy. Expect clouds, rain and storms to appear on your map.
Sea Fortresses and Minor Faction Fomorians: New generated ocean regions, including a Sea Fortress, offer strategic locations in the water for players to battle it out. Anywhere from zero to three fortresses are located in each ocean region, so expect more in oceans that are more strategically pivotal, between islands or continents.
Articles You May Enjoy
- BlizzCon Beta Announcements For Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone
- BlizzCon 2013 has started and is throwing all the punches right at the start! A new update for both the Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone be...
- Metro Conflict Open Beta Begins
- This beta will run for one week with full release on June 29, 2015.
- Galactic Civilizations III Beta 4: Battle Viewer Now Available
- Stardock released a major update to Galactic Civilizations III today, letting players witness the terrible might of their starfleets with the ...