Elite Dangerous for Xbox One Available Now
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) has released Elite Dangerous for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
Elite Dangerous brings gaming’s original open world adventure to Xbox One with all 400 billion stars of the Milky Way re-created at their full galactic proportions, an evolving player-driven narrative and fully connected multiplayer experience.
Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, players do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to survive in a futuristic cutthroat galaxy and to stand among the ranks of the iconic Elite. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and evolving narrative. Governments are overthrown, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
Early Access to Elite Dangerous for Xbox One began in June as part of the Xbox One Game Preview Program. After its successful development in Game Preview, Elite Dangerous for Xbox One is available today on the Xbox One digital store for £29.99 ($37.49, €37.49).
Elite Dangerous arrives on Xbox One in full 1080p, with new gamepad-optimized controls, Achievements, full support for Xbox One Parties and Friends Lists, and all-new instant-action PVP in the Close Quarter Combat Championships.
Elite Dangerous for Xbox One launches alongside Elite Dangerous update 1.4: CQC for PC, Mac and Xbox One, featuring new ships, content and the all-new Close Quarter Combat (CQC) PVP mode.
CQC is the ultimate 34th century gladiatorial contest between Elite Dangerous pilots, thrusting players into intense PVP action in custom-built arenas set within the Elite Dangerous galaxy. Equip a unique loadout on your Sidewinder, Eagle or new Federal Fighter spacecraft and unlock new weapons, modules and abilities as you take on the galaxy’s finest.
In coming weeks Frontier Developments will announce full details on the upcoming $100,000 Elite Dangerous CQC Tournament. Frontier will hold qualifying periods online and host a grand final in the UK next year, bringing the world’s finest CQC pilots together in a live face-off.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fractured MMO Announces First All-Backers Test Event
- Dynamite Studios, the team behind Fractured MMO, has announced that all levels of backers will be able to join the alpha test.
- Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Launches Today
- The name might be a mouthful, but the crazy indie title Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball leaves Early Access on Steam with a one-week 20% of...
- EverQuest II: Extended (Free to Play) Released
- EverQuest II: Extended officially launches. The beta servers launched on August 19, 2010 and players can begin experiencing EQ2 for free.