Edge Case Games Reveal Tactical Space Combat Game, Fractured Space
Edge Case Games, a new British games studio formed from the team behind Strike Suit Zero, has revealed its debut game: Fractured Space. A bold new vision in tactical space combat, Fractured Space puts players at the helm of gigantic capital ships in online, team-based space battles on a cosmic scale.
Edge Case Games has committed to an open development ethic in bringing Fractured Space to life for PC, working in step with its growing community by sharing early assets, prototypes and project plans while listening to players every step of the way. Founding community members are already contributing to the game’s development as they play and comment on early builds of Fractured Space in private playtests.
“Fractured Space is an ambitious project we have wanted to do for quite some time, and we’re very excited to now confirm its development,” said James Brooksby, CEO of Edge Case Games. “Above all else we want to transmit a sense of scale to the player – the feeling of participating in a massive space battle inside their own titanic capital ship, blasting apart enemy ships and working together with other players to achieve a common objective.”
Fractured Space will launch on Steam Early Access later this year, before transitioning to a free-to-play model upon wider release in 2015. Founders on Early Access can look forward to a range of perks, including exclusive ships, crew, boosters and ranks. More information will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Articles You May Enjoy
- War Thunder Launches the 'Chronicles of World War II'
- War Thunder has officially launched the "Chronicles of World War II", which is a series of in-game events recreating pivotal battles...
- EnMasse Opens Up about Closers Cast of Characters
- In En Masse's title Closers, players will take on the role of a super-powered agent of UNION!
- InnoGames Honors Valentine's Day with Events
- With a few days to go until Valentine's Day, InnoGames preps players for the romantic celebration with three special in-game events. Star...