Duelyst Open Beta Arrives
Counterplay Games, a new studio helmed by veteran developers from Blizzard Entertainment, Riot Games and Insomniac Games, today announced that Duelyst, the highly-anticipated tactical turn-based multiplayer strategy game, is now in open beta worldwide and available to play for free on PC and Mac immediately at www.duelyst.com. Duelyst is expected for full release in early 2016.
Duelyst lets players choose from six factions, each with their own unique minions, positioning capabilities and play styles to unleash battle in a 1v1 match between two online opponents. The game features over 350 collectible battle units and spells and a rich dynamic storyline offering infinite possibilities and replayability.
Featuring distinct and strikingly beautiful character designs and game environments created by lead artists Glauber Kotaki (Rogue Legacy) and Christophe Ha (Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Diablo III) and a veteran game design team, including creative director and producer Keith Lee (Diablo III, Ratchet & Clank) and legendary board game designer Eric Lang (XCOM, Blood Rage, Dice Masters, Warhammer, Game of Thrones, The Others: 7 Sins), Duelyst offers the best of tactical combat gameplay mixed with strategic collectible card game depth. Competitive matches last between five and ten minutes, focusing on fast-paced high action and exciting decision-making.
Initially funded as a Kickstarter project, Duelyst doubled its initial pledge goal before being Steam Greenlit. Duelyst pays homage to classic tactics games where positioning and thoughtful planning matter. Gameplay in Duelyst is turn-based, with players taking turns to cast powerful spells, equip mighty artifacts, or summon deadly minions to move and attack on the battlefield on their behalf.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Endless Legend available on Steam
- Veteran Publisher Iceberg Interactive and award-winning developer Amplitude Studios are proud to announce that their highly anticipated 4X fan...
- Astro Empires Celebrates 7 Years
- The first Astro Empires server was released 7 years ago, the game was developed to be a persistent game universe which would continue indefini...
- Blade and Soul CBT 5 - The Tale of 4 Classes
- This time, I’ll be going over a few of the playable classes that users can choose from.