Dungeons & Dragons Online is now Free to Play!
The MMORPG based on the classic table top role playing game is now free to play! Dungeons & Dragons Online was originally released back in 2006 as a subscription based game but it just couldn’t compete with World of Warcraft and other pay-to-play titles. Luckily, the folks at Turbine have just re-launched the game as Dungeons & Dragons Online: Unlimited with the subscription requirement stripped away! I haven’t had a chance to play the game yet but now that it’s free, I’ll give it a try and let you know what I think! Below is an official statement by the dev team:
|On September 9, 2009 Dungeons & Dragons Online® is bringing you a DDO that is better than ever before. Get unlimited combat, unlimited action and unlimited fun with the new Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™ – for Free! That’s right, we said free.
Play for free as long as you want without a subscription, a credit card, or fees of any kind – EVER!
Experience firsthand the best combat of any MMO and discover all of the new features that DDO: Unlimited has to offer:
– The DDO team
Articles You May Enjoy
- Travian: Legends - 15th Anniversary Interview w/Eckart Foos
- We had the chance to speak briefly with Eckart Foos, Game Director of Travian: Legends, about its 15th anniversary.
- Hearts of Iron IV Gets Some Expert Analysis
- This week, Hearts of Iron IV has gotten some professional army feedback from the Swedish Armed Forces.
- Camelot Unchained Introduces New Community Manager, Delays BSC Days
- City State Entertainment introduces the new community manager, but also delays the BSC Days event.