Dungeons & Dragons Online is now Free to Play!
The MMORPG based on the classic table top role playing game is now free to play! Dungeons & Dragons Online was originally released back in 2006 as a subscription based game but it just couldn’t compete with World of Warcraft and other pay-to-play titles. Luckily, the folks at Turbine have just re-launched the game as Dungeons & Dragons Online: Unlimited with the subscription requirement stripped away! I haven’t had a chance to play the game yet but now that it’s free, I’ll give it a try and let you know what I think! Below is an official statement by the dev team:
|On September 9, 2009 Dungeons & Dragons Online® is bringing you a DDO that is better than ever before. Get unlimited combat, unlimited action and unlimited fun with the new Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™ – for Free! That’s right, we said free.
Play for free as long as you want without a subscription, a credit card, or fees of any kind – EVER!
Experience firsthand the best combat of any MMO and discover all of the new features that DDO: Unlimited has to offer:
– The DDO team
Articles You May Enjoy
- Atlas Reactor Teases Gameplay Concepts
- In Atlas Reactor, turns are divided into two modes: Decision mode, where players choose their actions, and Resolution Mode.
- Lucky Boxes Return to Silkroad Online
- Joymax announces the limited return of lucky boxes, plus January's avatar costume, for Silkroad Online.
- Trials of Ascension Starts Finish Line Challenge
- Forged Chaos is announcing the start of a "Finish Line Challenge" to help push fundraising for Trials of Ascension.