Deadbreed: Hardcore MOBA hits Steam Greenlight
A group of Swedish game developer veterans (formerly known for their development of “Just Cause” from Avalanche Studios) has come together to make Deadbreed — a darker hardcore MOBA with unprecedented hero customizability and RPG gameplay features. This high-end next generation MOBA is the first release from the Swedish stealth startup. “I wanted to play a MOBA where I could totally customize how my hero looked and, more importantly played, but I couldn’t find one,” explains Stefan Ljungqvist, developer at the Stockholm based studio.
While giving the player complete freedom over character customization, which includes full control over character appearances, Sentinel battles where players can choose their endgame boss fight and extra features like PvP quests, Deadbreed sets itself from pack by offering a ton of unique features never before attempted in the genre.
“Talking to friends, I realized I wasn’t the only one wanting this, so we decided to make it. Also, this was our chance to make a darker themed MOBA for hardcore gamers like ourselves and bring in some additional RPG gameplay features.” The response from Deadbreed’s weeks old Steam Greenlight campaign and community feedback indicate that many gamers seem to agree. After a decade of making triple A action console games, it feels good to return to your roots,” continues Stefan, who also has a background as a pen-and-paper RPG and miniatures games designer. “It feels great to make monsters again!”
Deadbreed is currently accepting signups for its upcoming closed Beta and is available for PC. For more information, visit: http://www.deadbreed.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- New "Tales Beyond the Fringe" comic for Wildstar
- Carbine Studios has revealed a new chapter in their ongoing "Tales Beyond the Fringe" web-comic series for Wildstar on December 11th...
- Conquer Online Holds World Fighting League to Celebrate 10 Years
- So to celebrate this marvelous milestone of the free to play Conquer Online, TQ Digital has prepared a host of exciting events for its faithfu...
- Small Video Game Startup Takes On Gaming Giants at E3
- The unlikely duo of a freelance web developer and a DJ defied convention by creating an online virtual world of their own: one programmer, one...