DARK ECLIPSE: First PlayStation VR MOBA Announces Launch Date
SUNSOFT has announced that DARK ECLIPSE, its VR-designed MOBA, will launch globally on September 25, 2018 for PlayStation VR.
DARK ECLIPSE aims to balance core MOBA elements with the unique aspects of virtual reality. Designed as a 1v1 experience, players can choose three Leaders from a roster of 15 to attempt to overcome the enemy’s team. They are assisted by Soldiers, minions that can be given orders, and Towers, which can be built on the field where the player chooses and offer a variety of effects. Players can pick up and move their units directly in a unique drag-and-drop mechanic, and have full visual access to the battlefield at all times.
Shohei Sakakibara, Producer and Project Leader at SUNSOFT, said in a press release:
With 40-years in the business, we’ve seen many gaming trends come and go, but few have been as exhilarating as VR’s expansion and mainstream acceptance. Everyone at SUNSOFT is enamored with this type of quick, strategic, multiplayer gameplay, so we brought our passion for the genre and combined the best characteristics of VR, MOBAs and RTS games into DARK ECLIPSE, a game that’s both familiar and eye-catchingly innovative.
DARK ECLIPSE will be free-to-play, with regular free updates that focus on game balance and introducing new Leaders.
Articles You May Enjoy
- 4Story raises level cap and adds new content
- Zemi Interactive announced Friday (October 9th) that a massive new update went live for 4Story that raises the level cap and introduces a new ...
- C9: Valkyrie Gunlancer Class Now Available
- WEBZEN, a global developer and publisher of free-to-play games, released a brand new class Valkyrie for the dungeon-based MORPG, CONTINENT OF ...
- Torchlight Available for Free on Arc for Limited Time
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of widely-acclaimed free-to-play MMORPGs, announced the availability of Torchligh...