Crowfall’s ArtCraft Entertainment Announces New Division to License MMO Engine
ArtCraft is proud to announce that they will be focusing on providing game developers with a technology solution in the realm of large-scale MMORPGs, based on their flagship title, Crowfall. Artisan Engine is the technology stack they’re working on, which will support thousands of concurrent players in a virtual world: networking, persistence, physics, procedural world generation, dynamic world editing and seamless worlds up to 5,120 meters by 5,120 meters in size. They have also procured the co-creator of Wizard101, Pirate101, and Shadowbane, MMO veteran Josef Hall. Formerly the VP for KingsIsle Entertainment, he was also the co-founder and president of Wolfpack Studios (which was acquired by UbiSoft in 2004).
“Essentially, the Artisan Engine provides all the interlocking systems that make a virtual world tick,” explained ArtCraft President and Executive Producer Gordon Walton. “Online game budgets have skyrocketed, with development teams of 100+ and schedules that stretch up to seven years. A significant portion of that time is spent reinventing the wheel. We can shortcut that effort, saving you $10+ million and shaving two to three years off your schedule.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends: Doom Bots now available
- After weeks of tweaks and tests, the Doom Bots of Doom have been set loose onto live in a new update for Riot's League of Legends. If you...
- Galaxy of Trian enters semi-open beta on iOS, Android & PC
- Other Games has today announced that they will be expanding the beta for digital science fiction strategy board game Galaxy of Trian.
- Life is Feudal: Your Own Preview
- The graphics in Life is Feudal are awe-inspiring. The realistic style truly brings to life the game world in so many ways.