Crowfall Reaches 50,000 Crowdfunding Backers
ArtCraft Entertainment, developers behind the Throne War Game, Crowfall have announced they have more than 50,000 backers and nearly 300,000 registered players for the upcoming title. Crowfall is special in the Throne War style of game – in this one you can actually win. Crowfall is plotting a dynamic virtual world where players tackle the role of kings, queens, mercenaries and assasins, all vying for glory, wealth and power. One of the most highly anticipated online games in development, Crowfall has amassed a budget of more than $20 million in crowdfunding, licensing and investment. The game is currently in pre-alpha testing with servers located in the U.S., EU and Brazil and supports English, French, Spanish, German, Russian and Portuguese. The game is expected to launch globally on PC in 2019.
“I’ve never seen anything like it,” explained DebySue Wolfcale, VP of marketing. “ArtCraft didn’t build this community—the players did. To amass such a large, vibrant community without any formal marketing speaks volumes. The Crowfall vision clearly resonates.”
“The support from our community has been nothing short of amazing,” said J. Todd Coleman, co-founder and creative director. “We set out to build something unique — a bold, audacious vision that ‘industry experts’ told us would never work. Our community has not only validated that vision, but they have become a critical partner in helping us build it.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Beach Volleyball 2016 Now Available on Mobile
- VTree Entertainment has announced the launch of its premium mobile game, Beach Volleyball 2016.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Real Reborn Free Trial Begins Today
- Starting today, players can try out the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV®: A Realm Reborn™ online adventure for free.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter: World Collaboration Begins Today
- Players who are level 70 in Final Fantasy XIV and has completed the "Stormblood" main scenario quests can undertake a special quest.