Crowfall Reaches 50,000 Crowdfunding Backers
ArtCraft Entertainment, developers behind the Throne War Game, Crowfall have announced they have more than 50,000 backers and nearly 300,000 registered players for the upcoming title. Crowfall is special in the Throne War style of game – in this one you can actually win. Crowfall is plotting a dynamic virtual world where players tackle the role of kings, queens, mercenaries and assasins, all vying for glory, wealth and power. One of the most highly anticipated online games in development, Crowfall has amassed a budget of more than $20 million in crowdfunding, licensing and investment. The game is currently in pre-alpha testing with servers located in the U.S., EU and Brazil and supports English, French, Spanish, German, Russian and Portuguese. The game is expected to launch globally on PC in 2019.
“I’ve never seen anything like it,” explained DebySue Wolfcale, VP of marketing. “ArtCraft didn’t build this community—the players did. To amass such a large, vibrant community without any formal marketing speaks volumes. The Crowfall vision clearly resonates.”
“The support from our community has been nothing short of amazing,” said J. Todd Coleman, co-founder and creative director. “We set out to build something unique — a bold, audacious vision that ‘industry experts’ told us would never work. Our community has not only validated that vision, but they have become a critical partner in helping us build it.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis: Moon-Gazing Event Underway
- The Moon-Gazing Event arrives on September 7th along with a mystery for ARKS defenders to solve.
- Heroes Charge Launches Massive TV Campaign for the Holidays
- The commercials will air from December 20 through January 23 in the US and run throughout January globally.
- SMITE Season 2 Arrives This Weekend
- The second season of SMITE is nearly upon us. With it comes what may be the most massive list of changes to ever hit Hirez Studios' third...