Crowfall Pre-Alpha Testing for Castle Siege Begins
Independent game developer ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. revealed today that external pre-alpha testing has started for the “Castle Siege” system of their flagship title, Crowfall®.
A Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMORPG) that centers on political alliances and feudal conquest, Crowfall has been described as “a throne war simulator.” With heavy focus on player versus player gameplay, opposing sides collide in the unending struggle for glory, wealth and power.
In this latest phase of testing, Pre-Alpha 2.0: Siege Perilous, participants split off as soldiers supporting Chaos or Order, either laying siege to or defending a castle. In addition, the castle destruction system is now online, allowing players to tear down walls and topple towers with real-time server side physics.
Five of Crowfall’s eventual 13 archetypes will be available to players in this round of testing: Champion, Confessor, Knight, Legionnaire and the recently-added Ranger.
“This is an incredibly exciting milestone for us,” said J. Todd Coleman, ArtCraft co-founder and Crowfall’s creative director. “Our previous tests centered on PvP combat, which is obviously critical to our game but not unique to the market. Our physics-based castle siege system marks the point where Crowfall starts to separate from the other games available in the market.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor Impressions
- I’m still very positive for this expansion, fan of the game aside and everything. Consider this before you complain about bugs on opening da...
- Infinite Crisis – Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment released a behind-the-scenes look at Infinite Crisis, a new game in development by...
- Crusaders of Light: A Stand-Out Mobile/PC MMO
- I very seldom find myself playing mobile MMOs but Crusaders of Light is an exception to that.