CrossFire Announces E-Sports Initiative
After a successful 2013, SG North (Formally G4Box), publisher of the hit free online FPS Cross Fire, have welcomed the New Year by announcing a partnership with competitive gaming organizers E-Sports Genesis. The partnership promises to bring forth tournaments with cash prizes to the CrossFire North America/UK community in 2014, starting with “The ESG Winter Series”. Alongside this announcement was the reveal of the qualifier finals to the official world-wide CrossFire competition, CFS, which had a huge cash prize of $180,000 USD last year. The qualifier will be hosted by ESG and will be broadcasted through their Twitch TV channel at 8 PM EST on January 18th.
Signups for The ESG Winter Series started on January 6th and will last until January 19th. The tournament will begin on January 20th and features a grand prize of $500 cash. “Competition in CrossFire has always been a focus, partnering with E-Sports Genesis gives us amazing new options to expand the community and it is an important first step for us”, said Christian Brellisford, Associate Producer of CrossFire at SG North. Participation is open to all CrossFire players. Although the cash prize is only available to North American users, E-Sports Genesis assures players that “there are cash prize tournaments for all regions in the works for future tournaments”. Additional prizes include over 150,000 ZP for use in game.
Players can sign up for The ESG Winter Series on The E-Sports Genesis website. There users will find additional tournament information, including rules, restrictions and scheduled match times.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat Module Revealed
- Continuing the ongoing war between players and the Cult of the Dragon, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of widely-acclaim...
- TERA: Rising Soars to over One Million Players in North America
- Over one million players now playing since the free-to-play transition in TERA!
- Webzen Celebrates its 5th Anniversary of Global Game Portal
- WEBZEN has announced their 5th anniversary event celebrating 5 years since the launch of its global game portal site WEBZEN.com.