Sony Working on New Free to Play Casual MMO – The Clone Wars Adventures
Sony Online Entertainment recently announced that they are working on a new free to play Casual MMO named “The Clone Wars Adventures”. The game will be based off the Star Wars Franchise and will be developed using the same engine as Free Realms. The game DOES NOT aim to compete with Star Wars: The Old Republic or Star Wars Galaxies, as The Clone Wars Adventures is a casual browser based game that will likely play more like Free Realms than anything else.
From the Original Release:
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced the development of Clone Wars Adventures, a free-to-play, action packed virtual world for fans of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series on Cartoon Network.
Developed and published by SOE, creators of the critically acclaimed kids’ game, Free Realms, and licensed by LucasArts, in conjunction with Lucasfilm Ltd., Clone Wars Adventures will launch online and in retail stores this fall.
“We have a long running and extremely successful partnership with Sony Online Entertainment and look forward to working together on our next project, Clone Wars Adventures,” said Mary Bihr, Global VP of Publishing, LucasArts. “Working hand in hand with Lucasfilm, LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment ensures that Clone Wars Adventures will be the most authentic and accessible Clone Wars experience for kids and families to play in their very own living room.”
Focused on creating a fun and safe online environment for kids and families, Clone Wars Adventures offers exciting minigames, dynamic activities, lively social events and thousands of customization options. Players can even battle it out with friends alongside iconic Star Wars characters like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Ahsoka Tano.
“Clone Wars Adventures is the ultimate destination for fans of The Clone Wars series and will bring the action and excitement of the show to players online so they can experience the The Clone Wars universe firsthand” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. “We’ve worked with LucasArts and Lucasfilm to create a virtual world that is seamlessly integrated with the TV series and a true extension of the show. It’s also just flat-out fun to play.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- British Artillery Debuts in World of Tanks Update 8.7
- Wargaming, the leading free-to-play MMO developer and publisher, today announced details of Update 8.7 for its MMO action game, World of Tanks...
- Continent of the Ninth Seal Launches its 5th Expansion, Lord of Baltic
- Fans of C9 are able to jump into Lord of Baltic and enjoy a new playable class, ‘Viking’, a fishing mode system, and even more features.
- Dungeon of the Endless: Rougelike RPG coming October 27th
- The quirky and colorful rogue-like dungeon defense game that first reared its head on Early Access in December 2013 has reached the final stag...